A glitch selecting list title either to all or favorite

gege21

A glitch selecting list title either to all or favorite

Post by gege21 »

Hi there,

Running W10 64 Pro and TIR software v5.4.2, I don't know if its come from by my side and windows install or others components like graphics drivers (all are up to date), when I add some game titles to the favorite list and want to come back to all titles list I get only a white and empty drop down box and no others selectable choices in the list and I'm unable to display again all titles list just the favorite list appear.

May be I have something going wrong on my side but tryed to uninstall and reinstall completely the TIR software without success to solve this glitch. As soon as I add a title game in the favorite list, the drop down box become white and empty (no choice for all, flights, racing, others anymore) I just get the titles I set in the favorite list.

Has someone got the same or is it only on my side.
Any help appreciated
Cheers
Gerard
MikeWitham

Re: A glitch selecting list title either to all or favorite

Post by MikeWitham »

gege21,

I haven't been able to reproduce it, but I think I have a way to fix it. First go to the TrackIR directory in %APPDATA%, once there delete the Settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat files. Once those are gone, start up TrackIR and it should reset it to default settings.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hey Mike,

Have done all your said (deleted Settings.xml and ProfileMap.dat files when TIR soft was closed) but no more luck each time I add a title as favorite, the filter list shows only my favorite list and the drop down box filter shows no more the others filters as All, Flight, Racing, FPS, other. The filter show up only the Favorite list and the drop down box become white and empty. The only solution is to close TIR soft and run it again and now the filter list show up again all the filters names but if I choose again the Favorite filter name, I can't revert back to the other filters names as All, Flight, Racing, FPS, and so on...

Have you another idea or way how to fix it please ?

Cheers
Gerard
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hey Mike I found when I got the glitch. What I have done:

1) Uninstalled the USB Tir Driver first and after the TIR Soft v5.4.2 via "Add and remove program" from windows.
2) performed manually a clean delete for Natural Point folder in %APPDATA% Roaming.
3) Ran Ccleaner to get clean with the registry entry referencing to TIR.
4) Reboot the PC.
As I own a TIR device camera serial number #216205, I installed the TIR soft installer v5.3 (USB drivers and software). And bingo no more glitch related to the filter list. All is working fine.

To be sure this glitch come from the latest version of TIR soft (or may be since the v5.4.0), I uninstalled again this TIR soft v5.3 dated 2015/12 completely like I done for the V5.4.2 as above and reinstalled this 5.4.2... Bammm !!! The glitch came again.
I believe it has something to do with the version serial number of the camera as on the download site it is said we need at the least the TIR soft V 5.4.0 for the cameras with serial number since #268500. I believe the latest software introduce some glitch for the earlier serial number cameras.
In the future if I don't get any problem with my TIR functionnality, I stick with this TIR soft v5.3.

Just my two cents of experience.

All the best
Gerard

PS: sorry but with the TIR v5.3 the shortcuts combination keys I binded for Center, Pause, and Precision for my différents profiles don't work so I reinstalled the TIR v5.4.2 over the v5.3. Now I get the glitch again but all others functionalities are working well.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Gerard,

I'll dig into this to see if I can reproduce and find a solution. Thank you for being so thorough with your testing and post.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hi Mike I come back late after your answer...!

I have always the glitch. I don't know if it is related with the Graphics drivers or simply come from the TIR software with my TIR camera numbered #216205.

It's very strange cause using the latest TIR soft version, all is working very fine except this strange title filter box behavior in the software.
As I don't know if some others TIR owners got the same glitch, it will be very hard to say it's coming from the TIR software itself. That could come from my side with something wrong on some setup in W10 or others stuff.
I'm very sorry, but that don't prevent me using TIR5 as it works very well.

Anyway thank you very much to try to reproduce the glitch I get. Much appreciated.
Cheers
Gerard
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hi,

Recently a few days back I completely reinstalled W10 from a clean install two time on the flow.

The glitch is already there after TIR drivers and software clean install on a fresh w10 installation and all updates made thus to day (OS and all others stuf as Graphics drivers and so on for all the software and hardware I have).

So I deduced this gltich come from TIR soft itself. Maybe as I have a french version of W10 it has Something to do with some wrong decimal separators or something like that. Tryed to modify on the W10 regional options language for this, replacing the coma by a point for decimal numbers separator, but no more luck the glitch is already there.

Now I don't know what to do to resolve what I get.

All the best
Gerard
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Gerard,

I have no other reports of this from anyone running the French version of Windows. I'm looking into it and will be talking with my dev soon to see if he has any insight. I can't replicate the problem so it makes it hard to solve.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
gege21

Post by gege21 »

Hi Mike,

Indeed as you said it will be difficult to solve this glitch I get but that don't prevent me to use TIR.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers
Gerard
JoKeR

Post by JoKeR »

Kind of resurrecting a dead thread, but just to inform that I also have this glitch (noted only today, as I don't use the filter list very often). I'm also running 5.4.2 on TIR 5, Win 10 x64 english.
It's the 5.4.2 release version that is bugged, so I think that Natural Point is the only one capable to solve this and release a patch.

Cheers.