Track IR won't reload after being shut down

BrianLund186

Track IR won't reload after being shut down

Post by BrianLund186 »

As a baseline prior to this I had everything running well on another computer.

I've just setup a new rig with 6700K GTX1070 on Win 10Pro. I have Flight School, FSX:SE and Prepar3d V3 loaded. I've loaded Track IR 5 and it will run fine the first time. I get the setup screen, I can adjust things and load new profiles. When I run one of the flight simulators it seems to be fine. But if I shut Track IR down or power of the computer the next time I try and run Track IR I get a full white screen which eventually says Track IR not responding at the top left and the red shut down X at the right. Nothing else, just white screen. If I shut it down and then go in and delete the XML file with the settings in C:\users....... it will restart like normal.

I'm stuck, I've tried reloading it a number of times. I've reloaded running as admin, I've put the source file in my Win Defender exclusion list, I've run Track IR as Admin and not as Admin. Same deal every time.

This is very frustrating as I had it working perfectly on my other rig and got to really like it but not it's just a pain in the a** and definately not worth the $150 I paid for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MikeWitham

Re: Track IR won't reload after being shut down

Post by MikeWitham »

BrianLund186,

What is the permission level set to the Settings.xml file? Are all users set to full control? Does it do this as well if you don't change anything? Or does it only happen if you adjust things and restart?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
BrianLund186

Post by BrianLund186 »

Hi Mike,
Permission level on Settings.xml is full for all users (I'm the only one who uses the computer). And yes all users show full permissions. Just tried erasing the settings.xml and restarted and ran prepar3d with out changing any settings and it ran fine. I closed Prepar3d and then closed Track IR. Ran it again and this time it loaded the left side of the config utility before freezing. It had never done that before but it is still frozen. I also checked triple buffering and that is off.

Brian
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Brian,

Would you please submit a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com? I'd like to set up a time for a remote session. I feel like I am missing something when trying to find a solution and seeing it first hand I believe will be helpful.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
BrianLund186

Post by BrianLund186 »

Mike,
As it turns out I think it's fixed. I was installing a triple monitor system this past weekend and in the process I decided to do some housekeeping so I flashed the bios and checked my graphics driver (it was current). Once I had everything up and running I tested TrackIR and seems to be working great now. I've used it a good bit this week and had no further problems so it must have been the bios.

Thanks for your efforts,
Brian