Camera failing?

mugwump

Camera failing?

Post by mugwump »

I'm recently experiencing an odd issue with the TrackIR camera. When I first start TrackIR from the desktop, it appears to function normally and it correctly tracks my head movement. However, once I launch a game (IL-2, ArmA, War Thunder, etc), the green LED on the right hand side of the TrackIR (Left one when facing me), begins to flash and the tracking becomes very erratic.

I've made adjustments to LED brightness and light threshold levels but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Sometimes, the TrackIR will begin to function normally after a few minutes of playing. Other times, it will fail completely.

I've tried different USB ports but that doesn't fix the problem. I updated from 5.3 to 5.4.2 but the issue persists.

Is the unit dying on me? Any tips for a possible fix?

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit.
AMD Radeon R9 270X 16.10.1 drivers
MikeWitham

Re: Camera failing?

Post by MikeWitham »

mugwump,

When it does this, if you switch back to the TrackIR software what do you see in the camera view?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mugwump

Post by mugwump »

Sometimes I can see the 3 reflectors on the camera display but they show up in red and appear to be frozen. Other times, the entire camera display is washed out in red.
Sosumi

Post by Sosumi »

Hi,
I have a similar problem as mugwump, except the LED's on the camera went dead during a game (X-Plane). I tried reloading the software and driver, but to no avail.
I also changed USB ports, but no luck!
Help!

S.
mugwump

Post by mugwump »

I've been fiddling around with it more and I now suspect that the issue has something to do with power.

If I start up my PC after it's been off for 15-20 hours, the TrackIR seems to work fine after boot up. If I leave the PC on overnight and try to use TrackIR, the unit displays the various failures I've highlighted above, even if I change USB ports.

I'm going to unplug the TrackIR overnight but leave the PC on, then test it in the morning and see if it'll run.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

mugwump,

Did it work after "resting" for a bit?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sosumi

Post by Sosumi »

Any suggestions re my query?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sosumi,

What does your device show up as in the device manager? Does the PC recognize it at all?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sosumi

Post by Sosumi »

No, the camera LED's just went dead.It does not show anything. The camera just went dead. Does not show up in the software either.
S.
Sosumi

Post by Sosumi »

In the device manager, it shows up as an unrecognised device. Loading the driver does not help either. Misread your post. Apologies.

S.