Camera failing?

jazz albert

Re: Camera failing?

Post by jazz albert »

Sosumi wrote:In the device manager, it shows up as an unrecognised device. Loading the driver does not help either. Misread your post. Apologies.

S.
Guys i am getting same kind of issue and aforementioned path is not fixing it at all!
TragusInfantigoRx
Last edited by jazz albert on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Sosumi,

There are two processes I use and I'll label them below. This has fixed it nearly every time.

1. Switch the TrackIR to a different USB port (sometimes this resolves the issue by itself)
2. Open Device Manager
3. Locate the unknown device
4. Right click and select "Update driver software"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Locate the correct file. (Default install location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64)
7. Click Next and follow instructions to finish the process.

and

1. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs
2. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
3. Delete installer executable from where you saved it
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location.
6. Open regedit.exe as an administrator
7. Search for and delete files labeled as "NaturalPoint"
8. Search for and delete files labeled as "TrackIR"
9. Reboot PC
10. Download new installer from website
11. Right-click and install as an administrator
12. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Sosumi

Post by Sosumi »

Thanx Mike! I have tried the first solution without success. I am going try the second one, maybe that will work.

Regards,
S.
Waldemard

Post by Waldemard »

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same problem as "mugwump" described except after the green LED became erratic for few seconds, the LED turned off while the one noticing "in game" status still "on" as well as the 4 IR emmitter.
Then I've never been able to make it working again even after doing "MikeWitham's instructions :
MikeWitham wrote:Sosumi,

There are two processes I use and I'll label them below. This has fixed it nearly every time.

1. Switch the TrackIR to a different USB port (sometimes this resolves the issue by itself)
2. Open Device Manager
3. Locate the unknown device
4. Right click and select "Update driver software"
5. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"
6. Locate the correct file. (Default install location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64)
7. Click Next and follow instructions to finish the process.

and

1. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs
2. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
3. Delete installer executable from where you saved it
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location.
6. Open regedit.exe as an administrator
7. Search for and delete files labeled as "NaturalPoint"
8. Search for and delete files labeled as "TrackIR"
9. Reboot PC
10. Download new installer from website
11. Right-click and install as an administrator
12. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.

Regards,
So my tracker don't work anymore while I've never had any issue in 6 years of using and this is happening just one day before I receive my new MFG rudder... Is there any way to fix this problem or my trackIR is definitly dead ?
BloodEagle

Post by BloodEagle »

I have had my Track IR5 for about 2 years now and just this past week started experiencing the same issues as "mugwump" and "Waldemard" while playing Arma 3 (which has not had any recent updates).

The tracker will work normally, then intermittently start experiencing problems where the camera goes nuts while the green LED on the left side of the camera (while looking at the camera) starts flickering.

On one occasion, even after removing the hat accessory, it continued to do it until the green LED finally shut off.

I am hoping there is something that can be done as if I am unable to count on the quality for the Track IR5, I may give my money for the Tobii Eye Tracker 4 with head tracking.
Tansu

Post by Tansu »

I have the same problem. If I start up the software, press F12 it works fine for a few seconds and then it just goes bananas.

I have tried to position the camera differently but without any success.

Is it broken or do I do something wrong?

Help appriciated!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

BloodEagle, Tansu, and Waldemard,

Were there any changes to software, hardware, or placement of the TrackIR prior to the issue showing up? Does this only happen after you go into a game? Does everything represent itself correctly up to that point? Does it correct itself after you exit the game?

If the given solutions aren't working, please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so I can focus on your issue more specifically.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Airmage

Post by Airmage »

Hi. I have about the same problem. This morning i was playing ETS2, and paused the game for a few minutes. After i come back, left green LED is dead and TIR5 not working anymore. Does not work outside game anymore, even if i point it towards the sun. It just won't see any light. If i start a game, right green LED turns on, as well as the 4 red inner lights, but that's all. Orange pause LED's both work. It all happened suddenly, with no hardware or software change. Since i've been using it for more than 7 good years now, i'm guessing this is the max lifespan of it? No software updates helped.
Tansu

Post by Tansu »

Hi Mike,

Just back after vacation and saw your posts, thanks.

I havent had time to try your solutions yet. For me it has never worked and I have experienced the same problems since I bought the TrackIR a few weeks ago. I will answer your questions below.

Were there any changes to software, hardware, or placement of the TrackIR prior to the issue showing up? --> issue occurred directly after first installation.

Does this only happen after you go into a game? --> It happens both ingame and in the trackIr software. Both Before and after I have entered a game. Sometimes less, sometimes worse.

Does everything represent itself correctly up to that point? --> It can work fine for a few minutes, then it goes bananas again. Only time it worked for a longer time was during a nightly gaming session with a totally dark room.

Does it correct itself after you exit the game? --> See above answers

I really want to get my trackIr to work so I hope you can help me out.
Tansu

Post by Tansu »

Problem fixed!

I just switched USB port and now it works 100% and its really cool, love it :D

The problem was probably that I had connected the camera to the USB port in my screen (so basiclly a USB-hub).