Too high in the cockpit - what's the solution?

Noxos

Too high in the cockpit - what's the solution?

Post by Noxos »

Is there a way to set up the "default" for your X,Y,Z position? I'm finding that I'm always just a little too high in relation to the gunsight in IL-2 BOS, it's especially bad on certain planes. I've tried moving the camera around but it seems to have no effect (in terms of it always having me too high). Only solution I've found is to slump in my chair but surely there's a way to do it with the software itself, right? I'm using the pro clip.
MikeWitham

Re: Too high in the cockpit - what's the solution?

Post by MikeWitham »

Noxos,

I found this forum entry that may be of some help. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/20 ... ing-users/

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Tommttongue

Re: Too high in the cockpit - what's the solution?

Post by Tommttongue »

Is there a way to do this in P3d v3X...

I have set up the position many times correctly with Trackir paused. But every time I switch track IR on the Z axis moved forward again and the head tilt goes back to straight and level. I need the Virtual head to tilt aproc 13 degrees but my actual head to be level/ natural. I am also put back too close to the panel every time I re s center.

The only way I have found to do this is to tilt my head up 13 degrees move closer to the screen then center. The move back to natural position and I am in the corect position in the virtual cockpit and in my chair....

However this is not practical to do this while flying if I re center duting a flight especial on approch to a landing.

How can I acheive this Z axis position and tilt at the correct virtual position whern i re center....

I have followed the tutorial and I assume the buttons mentioned are correct for the the flight sim he is using. In P3D it it a combination of Shift + enter / backspae and CTR + enter / backspace to move the head position in the virtual cockpit.....But again when track IR is switched on it all moves!...

Will I have to invest in chaseplane or ezdock to do what I want to achieve??????