Left LED Dropping for a Sec

Deepsix

Left LED Dropping for a Sec

Post by Deepsix »

All,

Recently I noticed a problem while playing Elite Dangerous (and later noticed it does this without the game running) that the view point would jump to somewhere else will off from where I had been pointing. I watched for what happened when this occurred and noticed that with or without the game running that the left LED on the camera would go off and then anywhere from 1/2 to 2 seconds later would come back on.

I'm using a TrackIR 5 with the Proclip so I wondered if it might be a problem with the lights in the Proclip so I switched to the hat mounted Trackclip and I had the same issue. I also noticed that on both tracking targets that if I moved my head after it lost view that it seemed to pop back on.

Any ideas what might be going on? This unit is about 18 months old and I would hate to think it was already failing.
MikeWitham

Re: Left LED Dropping for a Sec

Post by MikeWitham »

Deepsix,

The best thing you could do would be to switch it to camera view and look around. It will show you what is happening. There are many things that can cause this, an extra light interfering, a marker going out of view, but we won't know until you look. If you could post a video of what you're seeing I might be able to have a better idea on what's going on.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager