TrackIR5 - Problems installing driver

mambulo

TrackIR5 - Problems installing driver

Post by mambulo »

Hello,

I bought mine from Amazon.com.

This is what I did:

1- Downloaded and installed the x64 drivers from your site.
2- Downloaded and installed the TrackIR 5.4.2 software
3- Plugged my TrackIR camera into my computer's USB port.

Note: After connecting it, I don't see any light on the camera, is this normal?, because I don't see any external damage on it, and it came in it's package sealed. I would like to identify whetter my camera arrived broken or internally damaged.

4- After plugging it, windows said that it couldn't install the driver.
5- So I went into my "Device Manager" and found it's marked as "Unknown Device".
6- Went into "Properties" -> "Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software", then pointed it to:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64"

And hit next....

7- Windows said: "Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device"

Also, I tried to launch the "TrackIR 5.4.2" software and it said also "No device detected".

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Manuel
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR5 - Problems installing driver

Post by MikeWitham »

Manuel,

I'm locating the issue with the drivers. I want you to unplug the camera, uninstall the software, uninstall the drivers, delete the installer and then reboot. Once rebooted, I want you to download the 5.4.2 installer and then right-click it and select "Run as administrator". Let me know if that fixes the problem. It is important to note that you do not need to download the drivers, just the 5.4.2 installer.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
mambulo

Post by mambulo »

Hey mike

I just did what you said but it didn't work it's still saying "no device detected" and windows said "cant install the driver" when i plugg the camera after the trackir 5.4.2 software is installed

:(

Manuel
Retrospects

Post by Retrospects »

I'm not the original poster, but he has described my experience exactly. I tried following your instructions here, completely deleted everything, even went through the Registry and deleted all TrackIR related keys.

Rebooted, downloaded a fresh installer, ran as administrator, and still exactly the same thing - no lights on the camera, and "No Device Detected" in the software.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

Good morning Mike,

I'm having the same issues. I cant get the driver installed. Never had a problem before. I have deleted/uninstalled the program, re-downloaded the TrackIR 5 software. Does not show the USB driver folder under naturalpoint directory.

thanking you
killjoy7

Post by killjoy7 »

Thought an update may help out here: Just ran into the same problem as above and tried your proposed solution. Unfortunately i seem to be right back at square one. Windows will search for software drivers for approximately 3-5 minutes after plugging the device back in before failing and registering the device as "unrecognized". Any other thoughts on how to override this?
killjoy7

Post by killjoy7 »

CORRECTION: After re-plugging the device while the software was running and while windows was searching for the drivers the problem abruptly solved itself. My suspicion is that by doing so it forced the TrackIR software to search for the device while windows was doing the same, when one located the device and pinged the drivers the other was able to find them as active and do the same. This may be caused by the TrackIR software only seeking the device upon boot before going into what appears to be a non-seeking mode. You may wish to review this in similar cases.

Thanks for the help!
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

killjoy7,

Good to know. I'll see if we can look into which one triggered it and work on a possible correction.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
scubahalo

Post by scubahalo »

I had the same problem on initial setup in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition.So I uninstalled everything and ran the installer again as Administrator. The installer automatically installs the driver prior to installing the software. Everything is working fine now. Originally I had downloaded and installed the stand-alone driver first so that may be the issue.
mambulo

PROBLEM SOLVED!...here is how I did...

Post by mambulo »

FINALLY!...Im Sooo happy! :mrgreen: :geek: , this forum's link helped me a LOT!:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 026#p63110

That was the answer to my problem...but it may look confusing, so I took my time to take some screenshots to illustrate the solution on the URL above:

Steps:

1- Go to the place where you installed your TrackIR 5 x64 drivers, example mine is here:
Step 1
Step 1
2017-01-29_step1.png (22.23 KiB) Viewed 17058 times

2- Once you open the INF file with Notepad, you must add the following missing line, under the [_Models.ntamd64] section:
Step 2
Step 2
2017-01-29_step2.png (24.9 KiB) Viewed 17058 times

3- Also, you must go to the [Strings] section and add the following missing line:
Step 3
Step 3
2017-01-29_step3.png (21.84 KiB) Viewed 17058 times

4- Save the changes to your INF file.
Note: You may need ADMINISTRATOR privileges to save the changes

5- Now you can follow Mike's initial directions, which are:

6- Plug your TrackIR 5 camera into your PC's USB port.

7- Go to Windows Start button, then Control Panel

8- Then "Hardware and Sound"

9- Go to "Device Manager" and find the camera's which it's marked as "Unknown Device".

10- Right click on it into "Properties" -> "Update Driver..." -> "Browse my computer for driver software", then pointed it to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64\npusbio_x64

11- Let your Windows to install the driver, it could take some minutes....

12- Done!

13- Run the TrackIR 5.4.2 software and it should now detect it!

14- The credits goes to the original poster of the solution:

https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 026#p63110

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!

I hope this helps the others!

Manuel Ambulo