TrackIR5 - Problems installing driver

Spyke spiegel

Re: TrackIR5 - Problems installing driver

Post by Spyke spiegel »

I have the same problem for a long time, but the solution of killjoy doesn't work.
If I reinstall Windows, I have 50% of chance that my track IR works.
And when it work, the software bug sometimes for no reason

I'm very disappointed with this product, its a long times bug and no solution was given by the natural point team. It's an expensive tool that waits on my desk
Spyke spiegel

Post by Spyke spiegel »

Its seems to work, but windows don't want to install because the hash table miss

I'm on Windows 10 Professionel 64 bit
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

Spyke spiegel,

If none of the posted solutions are working for you, perhaps the issue is different than what we are seeing here. Could you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com?

Regards.
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
DeanH2Os

Post by DeanH2Os »

Well that ALMOST worked

I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else. Device Manager (Windows 10 - 64bit) shows "Unknown device". I modified the npusbio_x64.inf catalog file as instructed. Now when I try to update the driver, I get "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. TrackIR 5 - The hash for the file is not present in the specified catgalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering....."
DeanH2Os

Post by DeanH2Os »

Mine doesn't work at all. Per the NaturalPoint forum, I fixed the npsubio_x64.inf file.
(https://forums.naturalpoint.com/viewtop ... 026#p63110)
Now I get an error stating that the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. Device is brand new - and currently a paperweight. I submitted a HelpDesk ticket. We'll see how it goes.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

DeanH2Os,

I have my dev looking into why this issue randomly pops up. It is not overly common in the scheme of download and installs vs the number of complaints. It is however one of the biggest issues right now.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
brandon

Post by brandon »

I'm experiencing the exact same issue. Performed the inf updates and then encountered the the hash file error (attached).
Attachments
trackir-driver-issue.png
trackir-driver-issue.png (14.12 KiB) Viewed 6540 times
brandon

Post by brandon »

Disabled driver signature enforcement and was able to install the driver. So essentially fix and re-sign the driver. Not sure why it's taken so long to resolve to be honest, Mike. :?
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

brandon,

The files are correct on our end and this doesn't happen on all downloads. Since it's a sporadic issue that isn't manifesting here it makes it hard to pin point the solution. I am doing what I can with what we have at this moment to find the correct solution to this issue.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Vee

Post by Vee »

Vista x64 user here. Yes, it works! Thank you. I have to try this three times!
When I made all changes in .inis, first difference was new pop-up window with red stripe: "Windows can't verify the publisher of this driver software", but no good effect at first. I new it I'm on a good way, so...
In the last try I went: Device Manager -> Properties -> Update Driver..., not Install driver. Somehow this way it jump over the window with "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device".

I'm not sure is it related but M$ has some issues with updates. My Vista x64 can't get any new ones from December 2016. (Yes, I know that the support will end for Vistas in this year.) A patch is expected in March 2017.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums ... es/page-23

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... f6ecd69c32