TrackIR 5.4 Window Issue

EveryEmpireFalls

TrackIR 5.4 Window Issue

Post by EveryEmpireFalls »

Hello all,

For the past few weeks I have been unable to get the TrackIR Window to show. The window iteself is invisible when I bring up the program, however hotkeys (such as F12) still work. I am unable to interface with the program via mouse, only keyboard. The entirety of the program is invisible on the monitor and inert to mouse interactions.

I have tried a clean install of TrackIR without success.

Thanks for any help!
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR 5.4 Window Issue

Post by MikeWitham »

EveryEmpireFalls,

Interesting issue. What I'd like you to do is go into your %APPDATA% file, open the NaturalPoint folder, then the TrackIR 5 folder. In there you should be able to delete the Settings.xml file. Once that's done, start TrackIR and let me know if it shows up correctly.

The other issue that I think it could be is that it auto minimizes to the system tray. Check the hidden icons section in the bottom right to see if you can maximize it from there.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
EveryEmpireFalls

Re: TrackIR 5.4 Window Issue

Post by EveryEmpireFalls »

Mike,

My apologies for the delayed response. I deleted the Settings.xml file in my %appdata%>Roaming>Natural Point>TrackIR 5 folder and the issue has been resolved, I am now able to view and interact with the program via mouse & keyboard.

I also tried minimizing/maximizing the window from the system tray, which had no effect beyond the icon of the program appearing in my windows taskbar and the ability to mouse over, revealing a small preview of the program. Which had no effect on seeing or interacting with the actual program.

Thank you for the help, if you need some files from me to determine the cause and help others, please let me know how I can assist.