Trackir 5 not working

maxmax

Trackir 5 not working

Post by maxmax »

My new trackir 5 wont work. Some backstory might be useful in this case.

I had trouble with my previous trackir 5, where the camera started acting up (got red everywhere after x minutes of playing, as if there was some bright light behind me. There wasn't, but the camera went crazy trowing the view around like an epileptic baboon) - and then stopped working completely after trying to reinstalli software as a fix.

After some googling I assumed it was dead after an impressive amount of years, so I got a new one.

I just tried installing the new one, but it won't work at all. It shows up as unknown device. Tried uninstalling and installing software to no avail. I use the latest software, and 64 bit drivers for 64 bit windows 10.

Edit: SOLVED. I got a solution via support. Since it worked I can post it here in case someone else has the same problem:

"I want you to unplug the camera, uninstall the software, uninstall the drivers, delete the installer and then reboot. Once rebooted, I want you to download the 5.4.2 installer and then right-click it and select "Run as administrator". Let me know if that fixes the problem. It is important to note that you do not need to download the drivers, just the 5.4.2 installer. "