TrackIr Windows 10 Creator update.

thorbrasil

TrackIr Windows 10 Creator update.

Post by thorbrasil »

TrackIr stopped working after the windows 10 update. I already reinstalled but it did not work. Please fix it. Thank you!
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIr Windows 10 Creator update.

Post by MikeWitham »

thorbrasil,

So far the solution has been to update your video drivers and reboot the system. After it restarts you should be able to use TrackIR again. Could you please try that and let me know the results?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
lensmeister

Post by lensmeister »

Hi Mike,

I too like many others here are facing the issue if the TrackIR 5.4.2 crashing immediately upon starting the application after the Windows Creator's Update was installed.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install TrackIR, I have removed all registry entries for Natural Point and TrackIR, removed and re-installed x64 Natural Point USB drivers, re-installed my Nvidia graphics drivers (v381.65) but these steps did not help.

Hope that the dev team is looking into this issue and that Natural Point will release a patch soon.

Thanks.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

lensmeister,

Are there any entries in the event viewer that may point to the issue?

Sadly I've not been able to recreate the issue on any of the PCs I have available. All of my troubleshooting and hunting down issues has been remotely. We're working on hunting down the bugs for a fix, until we pin down the issues I can't give you an accurate time estimate on the fix.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
DeagleBubi

Post by DeagleBubi »

Hello. I can not start trackir after reinstalling nvidia driver and restarting the computer. Is there any news to solve the problem?
randy1@atc.cc

Post by randy1@atc.cc »

Not an answer to your problem but my machine updated to the creator edition, and Trackir still works fine.
DeagleBubi

Post by DeagleBubi »

I also have windows creators, and now the trackir is working properly. But before that, after reinstalling the system, I had this problem.
pdiergaarde

Post by pdiergaarde »

Sorted.

I followed the advice of the net. Uninstalled everything from natural point, also in the registry.
Then uninstalled all nvidia video drivers. Rebooted and reinstalled TrackIR software and drivers. And it worked again! Then reinstalled the nvidia stuff.

Now back to flying....

Paul
F16wannabe

Post by F16wannabe »

I followed everything that was submitted by a user about uninstalling and going into the registry and reinstalling my nvidia graphics drivers... I still have an issue with the 4 red lights not coming on even though the software says it's connected and detected. Constant problems since the creators update.
MikeWitham

Post by MikeWitham »

F16wannabe,

Your issue seems to need a little more direct attention. Could you please create a ticket with me at help.naturalpoint.com so we can look into your issue a little more?

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager