How to change default basic setting?

Yokilla

How to change default basic setting?

Post by Yokilla »

I've got the latest software. I had a TrackIR 4. I recently bought a TrackIR 5 and upgraded to the TrackClipPro at the same time. Here's my problem: every time I restart the software (usually at system restart), in Basic Settings, the TrackClip button is pressed and I need to press the TrackClipPro button. Every time. I've had TrackIR for a very long time. I have profiles and settings just as I like them (except this one of course). I'm reluctant to delete and reinstall without knowing what to move.
MikeWitham

Re: How to change default basic setting?

Post by MikeWitham »

Yokilla,

If you go into the location "%AppData%\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\" there is a file labeled "Settings.xml" and if you delete that, then open TrackIR and make your changes, and restart TrackIR it should stay.

Deleting that file will reset a couple of things; Window size, speed and smooth settings, and TrackClip/TrackClip PRO selection. Those are easy to change back, just remember or take a picture of what you have now before deleting it. It also won't impact your profiles at all, so no need to worry about them.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
Yokilla

Re: How to change default basic setting?

Post by Yokilla »

Thank you. That worked perfectly.