TrackIR Transmitter/Receiver possibly broken?

woyosensei

TrackIR Transmitter/Receiver possibly broken?

Post by woyosensei »

Hi everyone!
I have a following problem with my TrackIR hardware. I was using it previously on Win7 and there was no issues at all. I switched to Windows10, moved out from my old apartment. Been couple of months since I used TrackIR again. And here we comes. Another session with Elite, trying to install my drivers etc. Everything without single issue. I can see on my Track Clip Pro those 3 red lights, so power is working. When I connect my TrackIR trans/rec it's just not working. No red/green/blue light at all. On both sides. I know there is no other colours except red and green (I think), tho any light would be great. There is none. Nothing. In the software I'm getting a message that there is no device detected. In Device Manager instead of "TrackIR whatever" device I have yellow exclamation mark for device "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" kind of thing. Is that mean my camera is broken? Or maybe there is a way to fix this?

My TrackIR software: 5.4.2

If you need more info just let me know.

Thank you for any help and advice.
Best Regards!
MikeWitham

Re: TrackIR Transmitter/Receiver possibly broken?

Post by MikeWitham »

woyosensei,

Install everything according to the guide. After that, plug in the TrackIR. Once it shows up in the device manager as an unknown device, right click on it and select update driver. Choose the option to browse your computer for the driver, and then "let me pick from a list of available drivers", scroll down to NaturalPoint devices and select the TrackIR 5. Please let me know if you don't see the device and we'll try something else.

Regards,
Mike Witham
TrackIR Product Manager
woyosensei

[SOLVED] Re: TrackIR Transmitter/Receiver possibly broken?

Post by woyosensei »

Hello,
I've tried your solution and didn't work. Funny thing is I've got it working and it works just excellent.
So, for all the time I was using USB front panel on my case and it worked for about 2 years or so. I used every hardware like that. My joystick, TrackIR, steering wheel and couple other things. And it all worked just fine for years! After Windows10 (and more hardware, maybe coincidence, but who knows?) it stopped working. All of it. I even bought a new joystick from different brand and it was exactly same error. Just to remind - still using front panel. But I've read somewhere that sometimes the reason might be front panel exactly. So I tried direct connection from the back.
And here it is. My apologise... :)
My TrackIR, my joystick and steering wheel works just perfect connected to the back panel.
So solution is simple (stupidly simple TBH). If your hardware is not working, try to connect it on the back.
Really sorry for bothering you with such a stupid issue when solution was so simple :)
It all works perfect now.
Your post tho gave me an idea to check more stuff I have and it worked just fine!
Thank you and apologise :)
Regards