TrackIR 5 not remembering joystick binding

Elphaba

TrackIR 5 not remembering joystick binding

Post by Elphaba »

I have a brand new PC, Windows 10 Pro.

Everything is virgin and clean.

I've installed the latest TrackIR 5 software v5.4.2.27545, created a new profile and saved it.

All that is working. When I reboot the PC it brings up my new profile and all the associated settings, EXCEPT it forgets the joystick button bindings for the HotKey actions i.e. Center, Pause, Precision.

It SHOWS them there with the correct bindings, but the buttons on the joystick don't trigger it.

I have to manually set them again. EVERY TIME I reboot the PC.

Yes, I'm always running TrackIR 5 as an Administrator. No, it doesn't autostart. Yes, this happens with the generic default profiles too.
gpbarth

Re: TrackIR 5 not remembering joystick binding

Post by gpbarth »

I'm having a similar problem. I program 2 buttons on my mouse to center and pause TrackIR. I tested the keystrokes I programmed in TrackIR (Ctrl-Alt-C, Ctrl-Alt-P) and they work fine. Programmed the mouse buttons, and they worked fine WITH THE MOUSE SETUP window as the active window. As soon as I save the mouse programming and its window closes, the buttons no longer work. Only when the mouse window is in focus (active on-top window) do the buttons work.

Same problem with two different mice. And BTW, the mouse buttons work as programmed with COPY, PASTE, CUT, and other buttons. This seems to be a TrackIR -only problem.