Z axis going nuts.. confused ...

Neko77025

Z axis going nuts.. confused ...

Post by Neko77025 »

First off I have had my Track Ir 5 since March 2015. I use it for War thunder and Elite dangerous (however I have not played ED in like 2 years ). I am so use to Track IR I cant play WT without it .. have something like 2000 hours in War Thunder. A good 70% is with Track IR .. I need it.

About 2 days ago when I was in game ... had been playing for about A hour or so .. and My view got all shaky ... like I was rocking my head back and forth / zooming in and out A very small amount very fast. I think that is the Z axis. Makes the game very unplayable.

If I turn on F7 (Precision mode ) it is a lot better ... as in it is still doing it .. but very very very slow .. however can still see the Z axis moving.

Using the TrackClip (Hat).

What I know.
The Camera is seeing all 3x reflectors ... LEFT / TOP / FRONT are all centered in their screens ... how ever LEFT and TOP .. started too move when holding head still ( I am sure its not me) .

After I F12 it is good for like 30 seconds or so .. then starts freaking out ...

It is doing it when the green light on the camera is solid .. so it see the clip.

( Another note) ... I have noticed that I have to restart TrackIR software before I turn on WT or each time I play WT. Did not have to do this before ....

Is my camera going bad ?
joe.lee

Re: Z axis going nuts.. confused ...

Post by joe.lee »

Hello Neko77025,

Are you seeing this issue on the client game side? Or can you see the same behavior on the TrackIR software? Do you have the Trueview feature enabled? If you could do a screen capture (video) of this behavior and share it with us, that will be very helpful for us to take a closer look onto this issue. Also, I would suggest creating a support ticket on this matter: http://help.naturalpoint.com/.
NaturalPoint | Customer Support