Out of the box problem

fin6601

Out of the box problem

Post by fin6601 »

Hello,
I received and installed Trackir today. During the configuration of the default profile, I cannot stop the 3D third person view from drifting. The drifting occurs after any head movement or any centering of the head position. In my case down. I have not made any adjustments to the default profile. However, I made and renamed a copy of the default profile and that is the one I have been working with. Looking through the forum I see other users have had the same or similar problem. But, I am unable to find any posts the provide a fix to the problem. I have tried all of the suggestions in the forum that I believed were applicable. I have been unable to resolve the issue and would appreciate someone sharing a solution with me if one exists. Again this is right out of the package and I have not gotten past the initial configuration. In an effort to confirm that this is a problem I have the same experience inside Flight Simulator X. That being that the cockpit view drifts down without any head movement on my part.

Thanks to all,
fin6601
Chris.Johnson

Re: Out of the box problem

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello fin6601,

If you look at the camera view, is there anything else besides the track clip showing up? You want a clean view of just the 3 ovals from the track clip. If you right click on the display you can select Camera view for a larger display of it. Would you mind taking a screen shot while there is drift and sharing it?
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
fin6601

Post by fin6601 »

Hello Chris,
Sorry for the delay. I wanted to get an example of the problem as I described it in the original post. You should know that since I reported the issue I have returned the first Trackir product and purchased another one. I then installed the new hardware and removed the first instance of the software. Rebooted the system. I then returned to the NaturalPoint website and downloaded and installed another instance of the Trackir software. Attached is a short video of the problem. Hope this helps explain the problem. Ahh, I did not realize that even a short video would be too large of a file. So instead I have attached a screenshot.

fin6601
Attachments
CameraView.jpg
CameraView.jpg (165.79 KiB) Viewed 3867 times
Chris.Johnson

Post by Chris.Johnson »

fin6601,

Thank you for sharing this screen shot. I can see that Precision mode is turned on by the yellow bar at the bottom right of the screen. Try turning it off by pressing F7 and see if you are still experiencing drift.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
fin6601

Post by fin6601 »

Hello Chris,

I have good news for you. Not so much for me. I now realize that there is nothing wrong or unstable with your hardware and software. Several years ago I had surgery on my neck, in which, some of the muscle was removed. I now believe that this surgery has lessened my ability to control normal head movement. It has taken a product like yours to identify "my problem". I can only guess that I have been compensating for the problem without even realizing the problem existed. Thank you, Trackir for making me aware of this issue. Now I have an opportunity to address the problem.

Regards,
fin6601
RockNBurn

Post by RockNBurn »

I had the exact same problem. TIR would start looking down, and resetting it would not solve until I was looking at the back of the plane. Will try again to see if still happening.