Constant updates

Hopper64

Constant updates

Post by Hopper64 »

I have a fresh installation of W10 64 and the TrackIr software works great. Only problem is the software states there’s a software update every time I use the device. It says to shutdown and it will be updated like it’s a fresh install. It has happened about 3-4 times now. Ideas? Thanks.
Hopper64

Re: Constant updates

Post by Hopper64 »

Used it several times over the weekend and it has not occurred again. Don’t know what the issue is or was.
Hopper64

Post by Hopper64 »

Still had another game update occur on shutdown of the software. Are game updates being sent out frequently, or is this still an issue with the software? Thanks.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello Hopper,

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sure there are other people curious about why this is happening.

What you are seeing is normal. TrackIR games list is actually being updated. In addition to publicly available titles, there are other development titles that are actively being added in the back for research and development purposes, and each time a change is made, it asks the users to update the list. Not all changes might not be visible to the public users.

If TrackIR is already working for the simulation that you are using, there is no need to always update the games list.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
Hopper64

Post by Hopper64 »

Thanks for the insight. I didn't think the software updated that often, but that makes sense. Appreciate your response. :)