Thank you for sharing the issues on this thread. For any questions that need direct attention, please send us an email at email@example.com
and we will try to assist you directly.
For device connection issues, the first thing to check is the Windows Device Manager and check whether TrackIR is getting listed under NaturalPoint devices. If it doesn't get listed in there, there could be an issue with USB driver load or with the hardware itself. In general, I would suggest doing a full reinstall of both the software and the driver.
1. Unplug the TrackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
4. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
7. Reboot PC.
8. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
9. Right-click and install as an administrator. It will ask to install the USB driver at the beginning. Please make sure this gets installed along with the TrackIR software.
10. Plug in TrackIR and check the device manager to verify the driver install.
11. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'.
For those who are experiencing a connection issue with P3D. You may want to check and try resetting the SimConnect library. First of all, please check the library files are installed on the following directory.
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib
If they exist, try running the MSI files included in there to reset them. Once that is done, try rebooting the computer, launch both programs with admin privileges, and see if TrackIR can communicate with the client properly.
If the above does not resolve the problem, or if there are any other questions that need direct attention, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to discuss further. We've been reaching out to the support emails that came in so far to help with the troubleshooting. If, for some reason, anyone didn't get a complete response on a previous ticket, please include the old ticket number in the email for reference.