8-yr old TrackIR 5 possibly dead

Gwaihir

8-yr old TrackIR 5 possibly dead

Post by Gwaihir »

I have been using my TrackIR 5 just about every day since I bought it in 2010 till last night it would suddenly freeze my view and stop tracking in War Thunder. The first time it froze I alt-tabbed to the TrackIR program and saw that it was still detecting the track clip but it also saw a big red blob of light which wasn't there (I even turned off the lights in the room). I unplugged the unit and plugged it into another usb port and it worked fine for another few minutes till it froze the view in the game again. This time however, unplugging/plugging in and restarting the program didn't work - neither of the green lights were lit on the unit, only the four red LED's. In the TrackIR program, the track clip wasn't being detected at all either. At the bottom right of the program, only the "Camera detected" status light was lit. I tried installing it in another computer but the result was the same. I also played with the IR light intensity and light filtering to no avail. Did the IR detector stop working? Is it time to buy a new unit?