Can't update TrackIR 5

Ergrim

Can't update TrackIR 5

Post by Ergrim »

Hi,

There is something strange going on with my TrackIR, as I am not able to update game list or run software update.
When I try to update game list I get following message: An error occurred while contacting the update server. The error was: the recorded server can not execute the requested operation.
Check for software updates will result in following error: Product Updates. We were unable to detect the product you are using.
I'm using windows 10 pro, TrackIR works with Dirt 3, but can't get it working on Project Cars 2. I guess because I need to run game update...

Help plz :)
Jerpitcher

Re: Can't update TrackIR 5

Post by Jerpitcher »

I am having the same issue. The red update button in the top right shows up, but when I click it, an error message comes up stating a problem with the servers, access denied.

I have reinstalled a previous version of trackir 5, rebooted, but get the same error message. Ultimately I would like to update the profile to use it in MS flightsim 2020. Anyone able to solve this issue? Thanks.
skrapshak

Post by skrapshak »

Hello Jerpitcher,

Do you have a screenshot of the full error message that you can share here?

There may be an error code or some other clue in the message/dialog that will help lead to the cause.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

This might happen if there is something that's blocking communication between the games list server and your computer.
I would try disabling anti-virus programs and see if that makes difference, and also make sure that you are running the software with administrator privileges.

As a workaround, I'm attaching the gameslist files in this thread for the latest version that's available at the time of writing.
You can replace these files in the following directory to get the latest update imported:
C:\Users\[your.username]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Regards,
ArcturusMengsk

Post by ArcturusMengsk »

Hello and Happy New Year for everyone.

I see that this post is a little bit old but i think it is still actual to me.

"Check For Game Updates..." doesnt work me either, with same error:
An error occurred while contacting the update server. The error was:
The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

@joe.lee soulution worked for me for most of titles but there is still few that doesnt work, like: X-Plane 11 or Forza Horizon 5 ... maybe more that i've not tested yet.

Because @joe.lee soultion worked for me, i wonder if maybe someone have newer gamelist than those from @jeo.lee ?

thanks for Your help
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello ArcturusMengsk,

I would suggest that you try updating the Games List again. There was an issue last week with our server, but I believe it has been resolved now.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
david.fouchet

Post by david.fouchet »

Good morning,

@joe.lee's solution worked (thanks ;-)).
However, there is still the same problem updating games in the TrackIR 5.4 tool.
Your servers still seem KO.
I have this message : "An error occurrd while contacting the update server ..."

Thanks for your help,
David
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello David,

Would you please try it again? I just checked and it seems to be working correctly right now.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
eihort

Post by eihort »

Same problem. Turned off the antivirus and everything else that might block it and got the same error from the software.

Oddly, if you follow the following in-software link, you end up on this path....

When then apparently can't identify my product....
https://www.naturalpoint.com/update/ind ... t=TrackIR5

So I click the link for TrackIR... and get the 404 page.
https://www.trackir.com/404
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello eihort,

Is it working now? I believe there was some equipment that was updated last week, and I was told it should have resolved the issue. If you are still having trouble, please fill out a technical support request on our website so we can assist you directly: https://www.trackir.com/help
Jillian Smythe