Track IR5 software crashes on me after 5 min

spooky

Track IR5 software crashes on me after 5 min

Post by spooky »

Hello, very simple and very annoying issue,

Running windows 10 and i launch tracj ir software, it runs well, after 5 min it shuts down on me, but the two yellow lights on the side are still lit and the status lights are too. I have to exit the game to realize it shuts down on its own.

I did a dry run, just launching track ir by itself .... it runsm then shuts down on its own: The user interface just shuts down.

Any help appreciated, i slowlt get to the point where i´d like to smash the thing against the wall.
Chris.Johnson

Re: Track IR5 software crashes on me after 5 min

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

THis sound slike you may be pausing the camera withthe lighting scheme you mention.

TrackIR 5

Left Green : A clip IS being tracked.
Right Green : A TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
Both Green : A clip IS being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
Both Orange : TrackIR is paused
Both Off : A clip is NOT being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title is NOT running or registered.

You can also try doing a full re-install:

1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs. (If Step 2 didn't do this already)
4. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
7. Reboot PC.
8. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
9. Right-click and install as an administrator.
10. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.
11. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Chris.Johnson

Re: Track IR5 software crashes on me after 5 min

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

This sounds like you may be pausing the camera with the lighting scheme you mention.

TrackIR 5

Left Green : A clip IS being tracked.
Right Green : A TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
Both Green : A clip IS being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title IS running and has registered with the TrackIR software to receive tracking data.
Both Orange : TrackIR is paused
Both Off : A clip is NOT being tracked, and a TrackIR Enhanced Title is NOT running or registered.

You can also try doing a full re-install:

1. Unplug the TackIR from your computer.
2. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
3. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs. (If Step 2 didn't do this already)
4. Delete installer executable from where you saved it.
5. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
6. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
7. Reboot PC.
8. Download the latest installer from our website.
-The latest download will also have our latest USB Drivers.
9. Right-click and install as an administrator.
10. Plug in TrackIR and verify the driver install.
11. Locate the Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click and 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint