Driver Linux

malpaso

Driver Linux

Post by malpaso »

Hello,
A natural point, will develop a Drive for Linux ??
Considering that the number of Linux users has increased exponentially, and Stean itself with this platform.
I fly falcon BMS, and already runs on Linux.
Thank you in advance for your attention on this subject.
Neil Abrew

Re: Driver Linux

Post by Neil Abrew »

malpaso,

There are no plans to officially add Linux support to the TrackIR software, although there are ways of achieving that if you are set on making the integration happen. Search 'Linux TrackIR' on Google to find what you are looking for!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR
Strela_999

Post by Strela_999 »

Hi, if that helps, I'm running TrackIR on Wine, it's a program that allows to run Windows stuff on Linux. Okay, it isn't as fast and smooth as using it on a "purely" Windows platform, but it's not enough to bother you while you're running it.
HighValueWarrior

Post by HighValueWarrior »

Neil Abrew wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 11:40 am There are no plans to officially add Linux support to the TrackIR software, although there are ways of achieving that if you are set on making the integration happen. Search 'Linux TrackIR' on Google to find what you are looking for!
Joined just to respond to this thread.
Have purchased every generation of Track Ir except for 5.
My Track Ir 4 just died.

I have NO PLANS to OFFICIALLY buy another product ....... until at the very least there is an official wine script.
Its 2020 lets get with the program. Linux is here to stay. You can support your loyal customers or lose them to open track or other solutions.

Great product now how about some great support.
You have to give it to get it.
Dendan

Post by Dendan »

I am SO disappointed in this company - making something apparently innovative, and at the same time completely ignoring progress.
algebra

Post by algebra »

Is there any plans for Linux Driver or Proton/Wine support in 2024?
jillian.smythe
NaturalPoint Employee
NaturalPoint Employee

Post by jillian.smythe »

Hello algebra,

The desire for a Linux version of TrackIR is on our list of requests to our developers, but we don't currently have a timeline of when this request might be fulfilled. I will make a note of your interest in this so our developers will know this is a highly requested update.

Kind Regards,
Jillian Smythe
TrackIR Support Representative
nww02

Post by nww02 »

The first request for a Linux driver was on the 17th of February 2003.

In two weeks, the community will have been asking for this feature for 21 years. I'm starting to suspect the poor person moderating this forum may be the only one left and NP don't have any developers that still know how TrackIR works... Just think... 21 years! All the devs that worked on it will have long since left. I think I'm just gonna pack the TrackIR up in the box and stick it on ebay :-/
Last edited by nww02 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
algebra

Post by algebra »

Thanks, please do notify them
jillian.smythe wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:26 pm Hello algebra,

The desire for a Linux version of TrackIR is on our list of requests to our developers, but we don't currently have a timeline of when this request might be fulfilled. I will make a note of your interest in this so our developers will know this is a highly requested update.

Kind Regards,
johnspack

Post by johnspack »

Please make a note of my request as well. I stopped using windows years ago. I can run any game I want under linux using proton.
I just can't run my flight sims because my trackir5 won't work. It's bad enough the silly thing kind of fell apart on me, so now it's difficult to mount.
Even if we could get source code to compile it, I don't care. You would get big credit by the community if you were the first company with a head tracking device that supplied a linux driver or source code.