TrackIR v5 Causes Significant Slowdown

Adje

TrackIR v5 Causes Significant Slowdown

Post by Adje »

When launching TrackIR v5, it loads and runs fine half a second, then in a process that lasts about 2 seconds, slows down to a crawl where it looks like both the PC runs and software at 1 frame every 3 seconds, and input from the keyboard/mouse is also significantly delayed. If I close TrackIR, the screen freezes to the image of my desktop. Navigating anything becomes almost impossible, and launching other programs only creates highly distorted static/pixelation, if i'm able to do that at all. Shutting it down only produces a temporary black screen, then reverts back to the desktop image until it shuts down.

Turning off Triple Buffering does not fix this issue.

SPECS:
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
MB: ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
RAM: DDR4 16 GB 3200MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070TI
STORAGE: Samsung SSD 860 EVO

This bug did not occur the first time it was installed when I was using the software.
This same bug also happens when I attempt to play java-based and very few games using openGL (Starsector, Minecraft, and Zero-k being examples), if this tidbit means anything.
Chris.Johnson

Re: TrackIR v5 Causes Significant Slowdown

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello Adje,

Often this can be a result of out of date Graphics card Drivers. Please visit the website for your graphics card, download and install the very latest available. After installing, reboot your computer, and try Track IR again. Please let me know if this works, if not we'll try something else.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint