TrackIR 5 trouble

Merryjohn

TrackIR 5 trouble

Post by Merryjohn »

New TrackIR5. had TrackIR 4 but replaced with 5. Cannot get 5 to work. have unplugged peripherals, downloaded and installed software, re-plugged in peripherals. 4x. Still same problems.

When moving head up, the TRACKIR shows movement left. When moving head left, TRACKIR shows movement up. Everything is reversed.

Unable to set pitch, yaw, roll, etc. Try to manipulate chart on left side, moving the dots, but TRACKIR does not change. NO matter how I set up the dots on this chart, it changes nothing on range or quality of motion. Changing Profiles changes the lines and dots on the graph, but does not change the motion of the head. The view, when centered on "0" will only go right or left, but not both ways.

Have consulted numerous tutorials on YouTube, and have consulted your forums, still cannot find solution. I did uninstall TRACKIR 4 completely, (I think) but still find some of the modified profiles I created with TRACKIR 4, could these mean conflict between 4 and 5?

Unfortunately, I cannot find where these profile files were saved, so haven't been able to delete them specifically.

Lastly, even in a dark room, i get red flashes around the green dots when I change to Display. Have moved the camera numerous times, but changes little. Have readjusted the headsets many times, but little change either.

Not a noob, but sure have missed something big here. Please embarrass me by giving me a simple, easy solution that I am not seeing.

Thanks, this is a great product that I have been able to use for many years...but...
Chris.Johnson

Re: TrackIR 5 trouble

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello Merryjohn,

Thank you for using Track IR 4, and upgrading to Track IR 5. I will address what I can listed below to hopefully make things easier.

-Head Movement-
It's likely that you may have the wrong Tracking clip selected. If you are using the Track Clip PRO and you have the correct tracking object selected, you may have the clip positioned upside down.

-Saved Profiles-
Saved profiles are by default saved to the following location. Follow this path using your user name.
C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint\TrackIR 5\Profiles

If you wish to completely remove Track IR at any point to start fresh, save your profiles, the follow the steps below.

1. Remove TrackIR from add/remove programs.
2. Remove NaturalPoint Drivers from add/remove programs.
3. Delete NaturalPoint folder from Program Files x86.
4. Delete NaturalPoint folder from %APPDATA% location. (APPData is a hidden folder)
-C:\Users\[Your.User.Name]\AppData\Roaming\NaturalPoint.
5. Right-click on Track IR installer Icon and install as an administrator.
6. Locate the newly installed Track IR 5 Icon on your desktop, Right-click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'. (This only needs to be done the first time.)

Please let me know if this helps clear some thing sup, or if you have any questions at all.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
Merryjohn

Re: TrackIR 5 trouble

Post by Merryjohn »

Thank you very much, I appreciate every word. Yes, you helped many ways. I can find the old files now for complete deletion. I have also found that time and patience in adjusting things is vital. But having a forum I can turn to is a real life saver.

Have a great holiday