Jumps in game

otherguy

Jumps in game

Post by otherguy »

I just got my TrackIR5 and using the Pro Clip, I set up everything in the software and it seems fine, things look smooth, got my 3 green dots and don't see any issues in the software.

When I jump into a game (ATS or ETS2), the sensor loses connection or partial connection every 15 to 30 seconds, if I sit real still and don't move I can make it go longer. The green lights don't go out on the sensor, and I have the sensor offset on the monitor like the instructions show since I am using the Clip Pro.

I thought it was the windows behind me early today, but now that it's dark outside it still does it.
I have tried messing with the Light Filter Threshold and the IR Brightness but that doesn't seem to matter.
My only last thing to try is playing in the dark, but then I won't be able to see the keyboard keys when I need them.

Any other suggestions?
If its the overhead lights, could I put a "hood" around the sensor to try to block some of the other light in the room?

Thanks
Chris.Johnson

Re: Jumps in game

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello otherguy,

You are correct that the window could be something that could cause erratic tracking. If you are using the Track Clip PRO, make sure you have the correct tracking object selected in the Track IR software. When you select the Track Clip Pro object, the tracking LED's will turn off on the camera. If you adjust the LED settings, this would turn the LEDs back on causing more reflections and trouble. Turn turn them back off, simply select the standard tracking clip, then reselect the Track Clip Pro. Could you share some screen shots with us? This could help to see what is going on clearly.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
otherguy

Re: Jumps in game

Post by otherguy »

I found two issues that I will post here that helped me. I finally found somewhere that said to turn on 'camera view' in the software so I did that and saw the 3 green dots of the ProClip but I saw some other red dots.

Like in one of the post I found one of the red dots was from the metal band on the top of my steering wheel, I put a piece of black electrical tape on the back side and that dot went away.

I saw some other dots, but those went away when, as you suggested, when I got the LED's turned back off.

My only issue now is finding a way to cover the windows during the day, or some type of shield around the sensor to try and block what it is seeing since it's not directly behind it. Maybe I just need to get a green screen to put behind to block the windows, because it's a door and two side windows causing it.

Thanks for the help, I have enjoyed it much more, at least at night, when it's not jumping around.