Defective TrackIR5?

mbulsk

Defective TrackIR5?

Post by mbulsk »

After years of wanting to, last week I finally made the decision to purchase the TrackIR5 and TrackClipPro.

It arrived this evening, and I was thrilled to be able to get it working! Installation went very smoothly and I followed all included instructions for setting it up. Initially I used just the TrackClip and it worked fine with IL-2 BoS.

After flying around for a bit, I went to setup the TCP and plug the USB for the TrackIR camera into the TCP's female USB power supply. All of a sudden, I no longer had any LEDs lit on the camera (the TCP LEDs were still lit). The TrackIR software no longer detected any device.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software and drivers, restarting my machine, trying multiple USB ports, but nothing seems to work. It seems as though my computer doesn't even recognize that the camera is plugged in anymore (no NaturalPoint devices or any 'unknown' devices show up in Device Manager).

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for further troubleshooting; or, if it sounds like it's kaput already, kindly let me know the best way to proceed.

Please feel free to ask for any other relevant information I may have missed. Any help would be very appreciated!
Chris.Johnson

Re: Defective TrackIR5?

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

Have you tried keeping the two USB plugs separate in different USB ports? Also, make sure you are plugged directly into the computer, or if you are using a USB Hub, it has to be a powered one.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint
visor2580

Post by visor2580 »

Exactly the same happened to me. What do I do?
kaw78

Post by kaw78 »

Add another one
vigo

Post by vigo »

Is there a new virus killing TIR's ?
How shall we name it? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
pieroboy

Post by pieroboy »

The same here !
TIR5 doesn't work anymore because i changed the USB port !
no help around ?
BRG

Post by BRG »

Need help to!!

IS THERE A FIX!!?
BattelEye

Post by BattelEye »

The same is happening to me, my TrackIR worked for a solid 10 minutes and after that it stopped.
I have tried a lot of things but no luck. My TrackIr also feels a bit warm when its plugged in.
Raptor05121

Post by Raptor05121 »

Hello I am having the same problem. My TIR is no longer being detected but I can hear the windows sound when I connect it or remove it.
Roebuck

Post by Roebuck »

Same fellas, same here. Took USB out and it never picked up the camera again. very disappointing.