Defective TrackIR5?

JottiGG

Re: Defective TrackIR5?

Post by JottiGG »

mbulsk wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:22 pm After years of wanting to, last week I finally made the decision to purchase the TrackIR5 and TrackClipPro.

It arrived this evening, and I was thrilled to be able to get it working! Installation went very smoothly and I followed all included instructions for setting it up. Initially I used just the TrackClip and it worked fine with IL-2 BoS.

After flying around for a bit, I went to setup the TCP and plug the USB for the TrackIR camera into the TCP's female USB power supply. All of a sudden, I no longer had any LEDs lit on the camera (the TCP LEDs were still lit). The TrackIR software no longer detected any device.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software and drivers, restarting my machine, trying multiple USB ports, but nothing seems to work. It seems as though my computer doesn't even recognize that the camera is plugged in anymore (no NaturalPoint devices or any 'unknown' devices show up in Device Manager).

I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for further troubleshooting; or, if it sounds like it's kaput already, kindly let me know the best way to proceed.

Please feel free to ask for any other relevant information I may have missed. Any help would be very appreciated!
I have the excact same problem with mine
jaemaxx

Post by jaemaxx »

Same for me.. thought it was my system, but after seeing all the responses with the same problem I see its not me...Help needed!
11cng

Post by 11cng »

Mine all of the sudden would not start working today and i cant get it to do anything. Ive only had it since January. No lights come on. And now with all this price jacking i cant afford another one. What to do?
Spyboy

Post by Spyboy »

I am puzzled as to why no official response has become apparent in this thread.
mjustice

Post by mjustice »

Same here, software will not load and camera will not light up.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

If the device is not being detected at all by the Windows Device Manager, not even as an unknown device, it could point to an issue on the device hardware. Please test with different USB ports on the computer; ideally one directly on the back of the PC. Also, if there is a way to test the unit against another computer and check whether the same issue happens, it will help with narrowing down the issue.

If the device still doesn't get detected by the device manager at all, please reach out to support@naturalpoint for further assistance.

Regards,