Track 5 jumps and glitches

Redgum

Track 5 jumps and glitches

Post by Redgum »

New user here, but long time R&D hw & sw engineer -

Love the device - works great, except noticing some general glitchiness. Viewing the CAMERA VIEW I see that my eyeglasses are of course reflecting some of the IR from the Track 5.

Gents, I know you can fix it. You have a good target capture with the visor reflectors, now all you need to do is apply a mask to any other points that do not fit within the 3-point polygon. You already know the distances between each of the three points and can easily mask out the region outside of those.

OpenCV has some filtering methods that can do this kind of thing dynamically.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing some updates that refine the sensor software a little more for us older folks needing spectacles to see things on the screen 8-) :-)
Chris.Johnson

Re: Track 5 jumps and glitches

Post by Chris.Johnson »

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. You can adjust the Light Filter threshold in the advanced camera settings. You can also use a Track Clip PRO, which turns off the LED's from the camera, significantly reducing any reflections from your glasses. With only a single camera, it would be very tricky to have a moving mask, that ignores a specific set three dots.
All the Best,
Chris Johnson
Customer Support Engineer
NaturalPoint