Track IR5 Stops Working

polarbear

Track IR5 Stops Working

Post by polarbear »

Hello There i have read though most of the fourm and have tried all the suggestions and nothing is working.

I have Uninstalled and reinstalled.
i have Moved USB Slots.
I have even Tried Downloading older Versions of Track IR and nothing.

I open up TrackIR V5
Leave it for 2-3 mins why i check emails ect or go streight into a game and then the Tracking Camera Status Turns off, if i turn it off leave it 5 mins then turn it back on same again or it does not detect. ( no light show on the Tracker)

im using the Track clip and had no Problems untill 2 weeks ago, Can anyone help.

Thanks
joe.lee

Re: Track IR5 Stops Working

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

When you re-installed the software, have you uninstalled the USB driver also?
When the device disconnect, I would check the Windows Device Manager to see if it's getting properly recognized by the computer, or diconnected from the computer entirely, or if it's failling to load the driver and showing up as an unknown device. This will help us narrow down the problem here.

This issue seems to be specific to your computer setup. Please email support@naturalpoint.com to troubleshoot this further.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
ronrw@manx.net

Re: Track IR5 Stops Working

Post by ronrw@manx.net »

Hello all you folks that have had problems with the Trackir 5 suddenly not working any more.
Well, I have been in the same situation for some time and after trying all the suggestions previously posted, I had no luck at all.
I have discovered after painstaking research, that the problem is not with TrackIr.
I remembered that mine stopped working after a Windows update!!!
So, I bit the bullet and stored all my files in an external drive and went through the windows recovery system.
Long winded affair but when returning to Windows, after this endeavour, everything was completely as it should be, following a fresh download of the TrackIr 5 software.
It is all a bit tiresome to have to do that but not only has it made Trackir work properly it has also cured a number of other annoying anomalies.

Not a problem with TrackIr 5.........IT IS A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS UPDATES!

Hope this is of use?