TrackIR 5 frequently freezes when entering IL2 multiplayer server

midnight_lightning

TrackIR 5 frequently freezes when entering IL2 multiplayer server

Post by midnight_lightning »

Can anyone help with this.

Around 3 in 10 times I enter/reenter an IL2 multiplayer server my randomly TrackIR locks up - I move my head but the screen is frozen accept for a very slight rotation. Both green camera lights are on. I have checked the camera for reflections etc and it is solid 3 green lights in all orientations (Track Clip Pro).

Once I have padlocked a plane and released the padlock Track IR is back working again.

When its frozen nothing else fixes it - I have tried turning on and off whilst in game, resetting head position with F12 etc.

7 out of 10 times I enter/reenter the server it works fine.

Its driving me mad because with TIR locked up I can only see forwards until I stumble on a plane I can padlock to get it working again.

Any idea what is causing the issue and how to fix it?
jon.campbell

Re: TrackIR 5 frequently freezes when entering IL2 multiplayer server

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi midnight_lightning,

Let's first see if this is an isolated issue to IL2 or if the motion in the TrackIR software is also locking up when you experience this.

Are you able to have both the TrackIR software and IL2 on screen at the same time? If IL2 locks up as you are experiencing, but TrackIR is NOT locking up, then this is an issue on the IL2 client side. If both TrackIR and IL2 lockup, then we can go from there.

Let me know if you need help viewing both IL2 and TrackIR at the same time. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
midnight_lightning

Post by midnight_lightning »

Hi Jon,

I haven't been able to run them side by side but I have tabbed out into TrackIR when head guiding is locked in IL2 and it was ok in Track IR.

I haven't come across anyone else having the same issue so perhaps settings related?
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi midnight_lightning,

Thank you for the update. We have narrowed the issue down to the client (game) side since the TrackIR software appears to work fine. Does this issue occur when you are not in multiplayer mode in IL2?
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint