Track IR 5 2020 Problems

Keese

Track IR 5 2020 Problems

Post by Keese »

For some reason whenever im looking straight down, the view veers off to the left. What can the solution be. Also, I tried to buy the track ir pro version, and it is just as useless. It won't work unless I flip it upside down. What is going on?! I checked the camera view and nothing is showing up. What can I do.? Also, will there be a Track IR 6 coming or is this it? I haven't heard much.
jon.campbell

Re: Track IR 5 2020 Problems

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello Keese,

Thanks for posting on the TrackIR support Forum.

Inside the TrackIR software, when you are looking straight at the camera (before you look down) what does the Camera view look like? Is it picking up your markers and displaying them as three green dots/blobs? If that is looking fine, at what point of looking down do they disappear?

If you can get me that information, we can go from there. Thank you!
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Keese

Post by Keese »

Hello,

Sorry for the late feedback. So when I am looking in the software I see 3 green blobs. Then as little as 5 degrees looking down, it starts to drastically turn to the left. I started compensating when looking down, to start turning my head right if I need to look down in-game
photohumph

Post by photohumph »

Did Jon ever answer you Keese as I have the same problem with every game I own when trying to look down !!!!!
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi photohumph,

Are you using the TrackClipPro or the regular metal TrackClip that mounts on a hat? Do you have the TrackIR camera centered on your monitor at the same height as your head? Let me know and we can go from there.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Bluesguy22

Post by Bluesguy22 »

Just on a long shot is there a preset curve loaded that is doing it? Have you flatten the sensitivity curve? What happens as you watch that when you turn your head?
Bluesguy22

Post by Bluesguy22 »

Keese wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 4:32 pm Hello,

Sorry for the late feedback. So when I am looking in the software I see 3 green blobs. Then as little as 5 degrees looking down, it starts to drastically turn to the left. I started compensating when looking down, to start turning my head right if I need to look down in-game
Also I forgot this happened to me. I suddenly was getting a similar behavior one time and could not figure it out. I finally got up and quit and then I noticed that a lava light sitting behind me and not just right behind had been turned on by a grand kid, I never turned it on unless I had company and not using Trackir. Well it was picking up the heat signature of the lave light and overriding the clips. I not only had to turn it off but block the view to it until it cooled down. I don't remember if I say it in the software display.

Hope you figure it out, just got MFS2020 two days ago and still tweaking my controls and Trackir but it looks fantastik!
NaturalPoint.Kai

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hello,

I'm glad you found a solution! In general it is best to keep the any source of light behind you to a minimum as it can be caught by the camera sensors and confuse the tracking system. I would also double check to make sure that you have the TrackClip and camera positioned correctly. Some users have had more success after repositioning the camera to the left or right sides of the monitor instead of center. This may take some tweaking to find the best set up for your PC.

If there is anything else I can assist with please feel free to reach out. Hope you are enjoying the newest MSFS release!

Best,

Kai