TrackIR with Shadow - Cloud Gaming/computing

Dga

TrackIR with Shadow - Cloud Gaming/computing

Post by Dga »

Hi guys,

I switched my new setup to a Shadow PC, it's a cloud computer, I can use it on any computer to play any game in ultra.
Everything works perfect excepted my trackIR, they use USBoverIP to let you connect any USB to your local computer to my cloud computer.
My joystick works but not my trackIR.

Any clue why ?
jon.campbell

Re: TrackIR with Shadow - Cloud Gaming/computing

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Dga,

Are you able to find the TrackIR in the Devices manager on your computer? It will show up as Natural Point with TrackIR nested beneath it. Let me know if that shows and we can go from there.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Dga

Post by Dga »

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, sadly I was not able to see it, I got some help from their team, there is a trick :p
You need 2 software to make it works.

https://wiki.shadow.pink/index.php/USB_ ... irtualHere

I used this option :
Easy Way B: ZeroTier One + VirtualHere
You will need:
Steps:
  • Register a ZeroTier account.
  • Install ZeroTier on both your own PC and on Shadow.
  • Log in to ZeroTier one on both sides (I think you have to launch it the first time by hand), then you can set it to auto-start.
  • Install VirtualHere Server on your local PC. Which server? The one you need. See the link above!
  • Install VirtualHere Client on Shadow.
  • Go to How to use VirtualHere?
How to use VirtualHere?
  • Open VirtualHere client on Shadow.
  • Right-click the desired USB device, and either mount it now or you can set it to automount on login.
  • You are done!
As you can see, you will use Zerotier as a VPN to create a private network between your local computer and your shadow.tech computer, after this, VirtualHere will be able to list you all your USB device, for their free version you can use only one USB device, for our trackIR it's perfect, enable it, done!

And Tada, it works!!

I hope one day USBoverIP will works :)
I will try to keep update this thread if I got some good news about it!
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Thank you, Dga, for this writeup! Hope it helps others in the future. Happy gaming!
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Takarde

Post by Takarde »

Well, the tip didn't work for me. I have install everything step by step and the client doesn't see any USB... :|

Picture : Image
NaturalPoint.Kai

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hello Takarde,

Are you plugging your TrackIR directly into a USB port on your PC or using a USB hub? We recommend plugging directly into a port native to the PC and NOT using a USB hub if that is the case. Please feel free to contact support@naturalpoint.com for more assistance.
Takarde

Post by Takarde »

Hi,

Thx for the feedback. I found. In fact it was my fault. I followed the guide strictly and a step is missing. I had to go to the VPN admin page and the allow both the local PC and Shadow. And then it works fine. Thx for assistance, even Blade Shadow support doesn't know the solution :lol:
Consuelo Beahan

Post by Consuelo Beahan »

Try connecting the TrackIR device directly to the Shadow PC instead of using USB over IP. This can help determine if the issue is related to the USB over IP functionality or if there is a specific configuration needed for TrackIR.
Last edited by Consuelo Beahan on Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.