TrackIR5 drifting when looking down

Crudbasher

TrackIR5 drifting when looking down

Post by Crudbasher »

My question is regarding TrackIR 5 with the reflectors. I'm using this for DCS. It seems to be fairly smooth but when I look down into the cockpit it seems to drift a little bit. Enough so it makes pushing buttons difficult. If I zoom in a little on the Hornet DDIs for example I can't push the buttons because it's moving too much. In the TrackIR software if I look down and hold my head very still, it starts drifting downwards and keeps going. This isn't just a little jitter, it's a fairly steady drift from say 45 degrees down to 60, 70 degrees over about 15 seconds.

The transmitter is lined up with the reflectors and is about 2 feet away. The camera view doesn't show any extra IR reflections behind me so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Has this happened to anyone else and how did you solve it?

Thanks!
jon.campbell

Re: TrackIR5 drifting when looking down

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello,

You have two options to help you out here. You can adjust the motion graphs for your Pitch (looking down rotational axis so that it doesn't move as much) or you can hit F9 to pause the screen.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Crudbasher

Re: TrackIR5 drifting when looking down

Post by Crudbasher »

Yes I've been pausing the tracking and that of course fixes it. It's not quite as natural as I want. I'll keep playing with it. Thanks Jon.