Control Panel

Steve73

Control Panel

Post by Steve73 »

As a new user of TrackIR5, I am finding the ability to access the control panel, after the initial set up, to make adjustments to my profile is not possible! When I try to bring up the panel I get: "The TrackIR software is already running? How would I do this?

Thanks Steve
jon.campbell

Re: Control Panel

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Steve73,

I am guessing that you are trying to change settings inside the TrackIR software after you launch your game? If this is the case, by default TrackIR minimizes to the system tray. You can either maximize it out of the system tray, or you can change a setting inside the TrackIR software (I prefer this method).

Open up the TrackIR settings by clicking on the tool icon in the top left of the software, it will load this. Make sure "Minimize to System Tray" is NOT clicked.
trackIRSettings.png
trackIRSettings.png (23.38 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Is this what you are looking for? If not, please clarify and I can help you further.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Steve73

Post by Steve73 »

Thank you sir, that was what I needed. Having said that, I'm not sure this is for me. The view keeps shifting/jumping at the critical moment in an airl combat situation, (IL2 1946 and WOFF) for no apparent reason. I've checked the light source by operating in the darkened room and that was not an issue. I've viewed the YouTube set up video and believe I've done it correctly and read the manual, but I still can not keep a view forward with out the jump to back over my shoulder when I need it most to stay on target.

I may continue trying but don't know if this is right for me.

Thanks Steve
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Steve73,

Glad to hear that you can modify settings during game play.

Your new issue might just be an issue with the graphs for a certain rotational axis. Have you tried using different profiles, such as smooth? Are you making sure that the TrackIR camera is around the same height as your head? Are you making sure to hit center when you look directly at the camera?

As a way to tell if you have no light interference, go to the Camera View inside the TrackIR software and look for any red dots or blobs.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Feel free to send an email to support@naturalpoint.com if you would like more in-depth help.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Steve73

Post by Steve73 »

Jon, thank you for your assistance. I believe I've gotten things sorted out now thanks to you and your advise! :D

Steve73