TrackIR camera is not detected in the computer/TrackIR Software

Cabbage

TrackIR camera is not detected in the computer/TrackIR Software

Post by Cabbage »

I got my TrackIR 5 this week (it arrived 04-05-2020). At first I had not problems with the hardware and everything worked fine. When I tried to use it yesterday (08-05-2020) it started acting weird. The camera tracked weirdly and sometimes not at all. I started DCS World and when I went into a multiplayer server the trackIR stopped tracking my headmovements and send them into the game (trackIR software still tracked my movement). The left LED was lit with the color green but not the right. I restarted the game but the same issue was still there. I then unpluged the camera from the USB connection from the computer and inserted it again. For a 3-6 seconds everything worked as I should, tracking and everything but then everything stopped. The LED went dark and the TrackIR software stopped detecting the Camera.

From this point I started to do several different tests to see what the issue was, I also did some reading here on the forums. I tried to reinstall the software and remove all the NaturalPoint drivers but nothing works. When I start the TrackIR software I get the no device detected message in the top left corner. Finially before I went to bed last night I did a full system reset on my computer and reset everything, clean wipe of all the disks. This morning I installed every essentional program and then installed TrackIR as per instructed by the TrackIR 5 Guide on the naturalpoint website. Sadly nothing works and I get the same message as before, "no device detected". I cant find the TrackIR camera in the device manager either so I think it has something to do with the TrackIR camera and not the computer now.

I dont know what to do anymore and I fear the worst that something is broken in the TrackIR camera. Maybe I have forgotten something? I just dont know.. What should I do next? Is there anything more I can do to test if the camera is broken or something?
jon.campbell

Re: TrackIR camera is not detected in the computer/TrackIR Software

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Cabbag,

Can you send a support ticket to support@naturalpoint.com?
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
JustAnotherLiam

Post by JustAnotherLiam »

Hi Cabbag,

I believe I have the same issue as you, this also occurred while playing DCS, please let me know if you found a solution.

Thanks
Liam
gozzling

Post by gozzling »

I know this is old but any chance you found a solution?
Plinko

Post by Plinko »

Did you try changing USB ports?
Phantom Spaceman

Post by Phantom Spaceman »

Cabbage wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:06 am t first I had not problems with the hardware and everything worked fine.
Same for me. Then the computer stopped recognizing the Device. I followed all the advice in this thread - removed APP DATA, did a clean install of the software - nothing. My unit appears as a unknown device, nothing lights up, it is dead dead dead as far as I can tell. And it's a brand new unit.
hairog

Post by hairog »

Found mine in the Device Manager but it needed to update the driver. I attempted to do so but, an error keeps coming up "Cannot find file specified."

TrackIR 5.42 comes up just fine by the way, just no device.
hairog

Post by hairog »

Found my old TracIR 3. Windows recognized it but I get the same error when I try and install the driver.