Video processing mode PRECISION is not working

Fabbs

Video processing mode PRECISION is not working

Post by Fabbs »

Hello! I have a Trackir5, whenever i choose precision mode in video processing modes my tracking points turn red, altho they are cleary visible. when i switch to standard mode everything works, altho bad.

Any known solutions to this?
Thanks!

win 10, Software 5.4.2
jon.campbell

Re: Video processing mode PRECISION is not working

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello,

Can you post a screen shot of your Camera settings tab under Advanced settings? Can you also post a screen shot of your camera view in both Standard and Precision modes? This should help us figure out what is going on.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Fabbs

Post by Fabbs »

jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Thank you for posting the screen shots. I was able to reproduce your issue, but I had to angle the TrackClip at a very steep angle. Do you have the camera high above your head looking down on you? Or is your head at the same level as the camera with the TrackClip pointing directly at the camera?
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Fabbs

Post by Fabbs »

The camera is sitting on my screen straight ahead, maybe a couple of cm above my head. This was in a dark room.
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi Fabbs,

We think it could be a few things. How far away from the TrackIR are you sitting? Are the reflectors on your TrackIR dirty or covered? How old is your device? Your IR light emitters could be failing. Let me know.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
jon.campbell

Post by jon.campbell »

Fabbs,

Can you also check if the TrackIR covering is clean or not scratched? From your Camera settings you are trying to emit the most amount of IR light possible and you are trying to capture the most reflection possible. It looks like either not enough IR light is being emitted from your TrackIR camera (either a dirty camera cover or failing IR lights) and or your TrackClip is not reflecting enough light (either dirty or scratched reflectors on the TrackClip). Let me know your findings and we can figure something out.
Jon Campbell
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Fabbs

Post by Fabbs »

Ok, progress! Before i couldnt get the dots to turn green in precision mode at all, even if i held the TrackClip in my hand and moved it right up to the device. Now i took some screen cleaners and tried to clean the ir device as good as i could and now it actually picks up the TrackClip if i hold it close, but still not working when in my sitting position, which is about and arms length away from the screen and trackir "camera?". So it isnt software that is the problem atleast.

My trackir unit is about 4ish years old and the TrackClip reflectors have seen better days. I guess i have to try to fix those and try again, hopefully it isnt the camera itself that is bad. I got abit thrown off since the TrackClip got detected in standard mode.

I have been using my Trackir almost daily since i got it, so it is understandable if it has seen better days :P