Whats this part that came in the package?

Habanero

Whats this part that came in the package?

Post by Habanero »

So I purchased the TrackIR 5 with the TrackClip Pro bundle. It came with this weird part that is kind of like a "T" shape, with reflective tape on three rounded edges. I have no idea what its for, and dont want to throw it out till I know what it is. It wasnt attached to anything, and it seems like its made too nicely to be a wire holder for packaging or something. Anyone have any idea what this piece is that came in the box, and what its for?
jon.campbell

Re: Whats this part that came in the package?

Post by jon.campbell »

Hello,

That is your metal TrackClip. You can mount it on a hat and use it in place of your TrackClipPro should your TrackClipPro ever stop working. It is the most basic tracking device we carry. The TrackClipPro is the upgraded/more advanced tracker we carry.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint
Habanero

Post by Habanero »

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. Not sure why this wasnt included in the instructions which came with the device. It wasnt obvious as to what this part was when I opened the package.
nomadski

Post by nomadski »

Don't throw the TrackClip away. It may not be as advanced as the Pro, but unlike the Pro it won't break stupidly fast. My Pro lasted about 5 months after buying TIR 4 many years ago, before falling apart, so its been baseball cap and Trackclip since.