Not tracking head correctly

bowie

Not tracking head correctly

Post by bowie »

Hi all,

Struggling with setting up trackIR5. In camera view I can centre the three dots, and they seem to move around the screen as I would expect relative to my head movement. But when I select "3D View" and "Rear" the head tracking is way out. If I keep my head level and look to the side (yaw) I get a pitch and roll also "seen", the result being if I try to use it in XPlane11 (the reason I bought it), I get a tumbling view. On all the set up videos I've seen the trackIR tracks the head correctly at this point, so I'm lost as to what to try next. I have v5.4 of the software, and am using the TrackClip pro.

Strangely if I use the TrackClip head movement is tracked correctly, so its something to do with the TrackClip Pro. Thought I might be able to filter out the pitch and roll for the yaw axis but can't work out how to do that if it's an option.

Ready to toss this thing so any help appreciated!
jon.campbell

Re: Not tracking head correctly

Post by jon.campbell »

Hi bowie,

I would play around with the angle of how your have the TrackClipPro aligned with the camera. If you have it angled too far out it can cause rotation issues.
Jon Campbell
Customer Support Engineer
TrackIR
NaturalPoint