Profile capabilities and management

elsmoko

Profile capabilities and management

Post by elsmoko »

I am new to TrackIR5 and I've installed the latest software and read the documentation. I have "Track Clip Pro" version.
Is there a more detailed / advanced explanation regarding working with the profiles ? I am not understanding how
to save Hotkey changes to specific profiles. For example is it possible to assign a set of hotkeys to the "Smooth" profile
for FSX and a different set of hotkeys to the Smooth profile for IL2 ? I am either not understanding the profile rules,
or I'm working with profiles incorrectly.
Or, can there be a separate unique Smooth (or other) Profile for each game / application ?
Thank you,
Ken
NaturalPoint.Kai

Re: Profile capabilities and management

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Additionally, you may refer to this video for more instruction on setting up your Track IR.

https://youtu.be/TASEXUd4Oto
NaturalPoint.Kai

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hi elsmoko,
Thank you for using TrackIR and for your patience on this issue. I have a solution that can hopefully be of some help!

If you want to set Hotkey settings for different games, you will need to have separate profiles. If you want to keep the settings on the Smooth profile, you can set the profile to Smooth and click the copy button, which is located directly to the right of the profile selection, in between the + and - buttons. This will create a “Copy of Smooth” profile which you can rename to whatever you want. If you want different Hotkeys for FSX and IL2 I would recommend creating separate profiles and renaming them “FSX Smooth,” or whatever you wish.

From there you need to switch over to the Titles settings. Once you find the game title, change the profile setting directly to the right of it to its corresponding profile and it will automatically load the profile on the game’s startup.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any more questions!

Best,

Kai
elsmoko

Post by elsmoko »

Many thanks for the suggestions Kai.
Best regards,
Ken