Dead zone and Pausing

Serial Crusher

Dead zone and Pausing

Post by Serial Crusher »

So, new to track IR and new to flight simulation. When I press the pause button it locks to you and place for like 5 seconds and then it resets the view, how do we posit indefinitely?

And how do we eliminate the floating cursor you get when you look at something in the virtual cockpit and you're still floating around… Makes it very hard to grab small dials. Thanks for your help
gogolathome

Re: Dead zone and Pausing

Post by gogolathome »

I encountered the same problem but I think it is a MSFS 2020 thing because it works OK in X-plane for instance.
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

This happens because when TrackIR stops sending data to MSFS for a certain amount of time, it considers the device as disconnected and resets the view. We have already brought this up with MSFS devs and they are working on a workaround on this, which I expect to be included in the next patch.

As a workaround, you can also use the precision hotkey (F7) to boost up the smoothing to help to stabilize the movement while configuring the panels.Even though this is different from pausing the movement entirely, this may work.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support
j0nx

Post by j0nx »

No joy with F9 pausing after the update today. The view is still reset to forward when pausing. REALLY makes it impossible to work with the controls and glass cockpit when flying. F7 is not much better.
albix

Post by albix »

It looks like even after the patch the problem is still there... I am wondering how possible is that before MSFS release nobody noticed this issue.

Even after the patch TrackIR pause doesn't work in MSFS...
j0nx

Post by j0nx »

2nd patch and still this is broken. Are you guys in touch with asobo about this or what? Trackir is all but useless in this state. How about an update on this critical issue.
Sven2157

Post by Sven2157 »

I'm having an issue with the Center and Pause myself in MSFS2020. It worked for a couple days, but now I have to click outside (on another monitor) Pause/Center and then click back into the Sim. Very annoying. Is there any update about this coming soon?

As for the reset of the view, I use this little workaround: I pause my TrackIR, wait for the view to reset, then use my Rick-Click on my mouse to look where I need. That doesn't seem to reset.
Regards,

Sven2157
albix

Post by albix »

joe.lee wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:07 am Hello,

Thank you for reporting this.

This happens because when TrackIR stops sending data to MSFS for a certain amount of time, it considers the device as disconnected and resets the view. We have already brought this up with MSFS devs and they are working on a workaround on this, which I expect to be included in the next patch.
Hello,
since it looks like Asobo weren't able to fix this problem and it is not even in the list of upcoming fixes, wouldn't be possible for you to change your software behavior instead?

I am not into software programming but I am thinking something like TrackIR software keeping sending inputs to let MSFS aware of its presence?

Kind regards.