Track IR 5 Software Refuses to Run on Desktop

Sneering Pariah

Track IR 5 Software Refuses to Run on Desktop

Post by Sneering Pariah »

I have tried everything the response from the help desk has given me, updated everything on my PC, including Windows 10, all device drivers, motherboard bios, C++ redistributes (Both x84 and x64), Microsoft .NET Framework is up to date, I've uninstalled, re-installed, and wiped all mentions of natural point from my PC so many times I've lost count, but nothing changes.

I continue to receive the "The code execution cannot proceed because mfc120u.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. I have checked to see if mfc120u.dll is on my PC, and it is, in system 32. Meanwhile, I tried installing the software on my laptop, and for some reason, it works flawlessly on that!

My desktop is pretty much as modern as you can get, inside and out, and my laptop, while decent and fairly new, is much weaker hardware wise. I'm trying to use Track IR for MSFS 2020, so my desktop is the only thing that can do the job. I've tried so many things, and I'm exhausted. I even tried some free head tracking options, but they all work lousy.

Please, help. I don't know what to do anymore.
erenken

Re: Track IR 5 Software Refuses to Run on Desktop

Post by erenken »

I have the same problem. Running Windows 10 x64 and when I try to run the TrackIR v5 software I get this error:

---------------------------
TrackIR5.exe - Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.
OK

TrackIR5.exe - Bad Image
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.
OK

Bad Image tells me that if it is x64 it is trying to load 32 bit DLLs or the other way around. Is there a specific x64 version of the application? I see it is installed in Program Files (x86) folder.
erenken

Re: Track IR 5 Software Refuses to Run on Desktop

Post by erenken »

I was able to resolve it by reinstall C++ x86 from this link. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/hel ... le-package