Trackir freezes in MSFS2020

Fryns

Trackir freezes in MSFS2020

Post by Fryns »

Have had 3 trackie crashes today. Sitting in the cockpit, looking down on my keybord. Flash…all of a sudden my head/wiev is sticking out of the cockpit and remains frozen. It is like trackir have been kicked out of the sim.
Nothing I can do in game works. It appears that it is after 30-45 minutes when I look away for awhile the crash occur. Anyone tried this?

Looking at the trackir interphase the display with the grid is gone and only a black screen, and the amber trackir logo in the upper left part of the trackir screen is grey…no connection with the sim.

Then I have to turn off Trackir and turn on again but it is not recognised by MFS. Tried the DCS workaround unplugging/,replughing the USB…no joy.
Tried another USB port. No joy.
Last trackir version.
Fryns

Re: Trackir freezes in MSFS2020

Post by Fryns »

I am the OP of this post. Still have the issue with Trackir freezing if I look down for any length of time like looking at a map while flying.

In the frozen state I still got the 2 green lights on the camera and I can see that the camera is working in the software but the whole display where there normally is the orb grid is gone and pressing the recenter does nothing.

Is there a way to bring the trackir software out of this frozen stage....other that shutdown/restart. HELP PLEASE
NaturalPoint.Kai

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hi Fryns,

I am not aware of this issue an I am unable to recreate it while in my MSFS sim. Are you using a reflective TrackClip or a TrackClip Pro? It is possible that when you look down, your TrackClip is disappearing out of the field of view of the camera.

You mention not being able to access the TrackIR software while in the game. If you wish to change this behavior, you can configure the setting in TrackIR software. On the top-right corner, there is a wrench symbol which you can click to open TrackIR Application Options. Under here, you can uncheck "Minimize To System Tray," "Automatically Minimize On TrackIR Enhanced Title Launch," and "Run Minimized" as needed.

Additionally, please make sure you have the latest MSFS 2020 patch installed.
Dashbus

Post by Dashbus »

Hi,

I have the same problem. After flying for about 30 mins or so the TrackIR software seems to act up leading to an odd view above the cockpit which cannot be reset.

Going into the TrackIR software shows that TrackIR still "sees" the IR targets on the TrackClip but the orientation globe is not displayed and pressing F12 does not recenter the view. Both TrackIR and MSFS need to be shut down and restarted to remove the error.

Thanks for investigating.

Specs: AMD 3600, RTX2070 Super, B550 mobo.
Brettmccl

Post by Brettmccl »

I have the same problem I use the track clip and have the updated games installed.
when I change a flight or pause my trackir MSFS does not then recognise the trackir I still have 2 green lights on the camera but no head movement. I have only had this problem since the last MSFS update.
Are there and keybinds in MSFS we can use to get it configured to in MSFS you could recommend?
Antares72

Post by Antares72 »

I use DCS and other simulators without problems.
With MSFS continuing problems since update VII
RichInLesta

Post by RichInLesta »

I just got and installed/calibrated TrackIR5. I know I have some tweaking to do, but I have a couple of problems, one of which is similar to the one described in this thread. After a period of time, TrackIR just jumps off to some weird view (sometimes completely upside-down) and freezes. Need to restart MSFS to get it working again.

So I'm leaving my name here in case there are any solutions.