Error when requesting the device description after Windowsupdate

NightHawk1981

Error when requesting the device description after Windowsupdate

Post by NightHawk1981 »

Hey guys,

yesterday the PC installed a new Windowsupdate. After the Update my TrackIR 5 doesnt work. I try everythink i could...uninstall the last Update...follow the full uninstall description in this forum...clear the registry and try a new Installation.

The device Manager shows up an "unknown device". I try to set manually the TrackIR drivers for this unknown device but i got a message "You are using the best drivers for this device" and my selection get abborted.

I try to add the TrackIR device manually in the device Manager and it works so far...I see the entry "Natural Point" and when i click on in "TrackIR5". As soon as i plug in my TrackIR in one of my USB Slots the device Manager shows up an USB Error (Error when requesting the device description). I tried every USB Slot (USB 2 and USB3 Slots) i have and every time i got the same Error.

I use the latest TrackIR Software 5.4.2.

Any ideas???

Nikos
NaturalPoint.Kai

Re: Error when requesting the device description after Windowsupdate

Post by NaturalPoint.Kai »

Hi NightHawk1981,

Did you try pointing the unknown device to the drivers using the "browse my computer for driver software" feature or "search automatically for updated driver software?" If you used the automatic search, windows may not load the correct driver. If you haven't already, please follow these steps: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19400