Trackir with P3D and 737 NGXu

BobKSTL

Trackir with P3D and 737 NGXu

Post by BobKSTL »

I received the Trackir 5 with the pro clip and have spent a lot of time learning the interface, how to configure, etc. I feel I have all the profiles for yaw, pitch, roll set up properly and my head movements are comfortable for the most part, although you have to get used to looking with your head as much as with your eyes. I think this is a fine product and this post should not be considered a criticism. Having said all that, I don't think it is great for commercial aircraft and I'm looking for any tips others have used before I box it up and return it. My biggest issue is turning knobs and flipping switches, I can't smooth it out enough to make that easy. Slight head movements move the knob away from the cursor. So my solution for that was to continue using chaseplane camera presets with trackir turned off for MCP, overhead, pedestal views, etc. and only use trackir for my "captain" setting...basically when I'm flying the plane. But that's fine. I also find final approaches a bit wonky when I'm making a lot of inputs to stay on the vertical/horizontal glidepath and my head is also moving a little. It gets to be a lot of motion. My feeling is this is probably great for fighters during combat. So.....before I box it up and send it back, anybody else have the same experience and any advice? Thanks.
Bob