Device NOT Detected HELP

BRG

Device NOT Detected HELP

Post by BRG »

Hi,

I cant get the device connected..
No sound of new hardware all my pcs cant see the device!!

I there a fix?

I see on the internet that it a known problem but cant find answers.

Is Track IR 5 DEAD?

Do i have to send it back?
:?:
BRG
BattelEye

Re: Device NOT Detected HELP

Post by BattelEye »

Same thing for me, it worked for a little bit but after that it stopped.
When its plugged in my PC doesn't detect it, but the TrackIr itself feels a bit warm?
Are there any fixes? I really want to use it for ETS2 and ATS.
Raptor05121

Post by Raptor05121 »

Hello I am having the same problem. My TIR is no longer being detected but I can hear the windows sound when I connect it or remove it.
CriticalMass

Post by CriticalMass »

Same, here. It is random though, but I'm pretty sure related to the USB.

Are any admins monitoring these forums?
joe.lee

Post by joe.lee »

Hello,

If the device is not getting detected, the first thing we would want to do is to check the Windows Device Manager to see whether if the device is getting detected by the PC. This will narrow down the issue for us.

1) If everything is working fine, TrackIR will be listed under NaturalPoint devices as shown in the below image:
1.png
1.png (30.76 KiB) Viewed 5702 times

2) If the device is not properly loading up the driver, it will show up as an Unknown device. When this happens, please double-check if NaturalPoint USB Driver is installed on the computer. The driver gets installed at the very beginning of TrackIR installation. The driver gets installed in the (C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\USB Drivers x64) directory by default. If it exists, you could try pointing the device directly to the driver folder. Before loading the driver, disconnect/reconnect TrackIR and make sure the unknown device is actually TrackIR.
2.png
2.png (100.22 KiB) Viewed 5702 times

3) If the computer doesn't recognize the device at all, it will not be listed in the Device Manager, and you will not hear the "ring" sound when you connect the device. If this happens, please try again with another USB port that' directly on the back of the computer. If possible, try testing against another computer to see if the same behavior happens. If so, please reach out to support@naturalpoint.com for further assistance.

Regards,
NaturalPoint | Customer Support