Track IR 5 ?died? suddenly

andyt1

Track IR 5 ?died? suddenly

Post by andyt1 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:48 pm

I was playing X-Wing squadrons and paused the tracking / game while stepping away from my computer.
When I came back, both TrackIR LEDs were red color and I couldn't unpause track ir.
The camera was very warm to the touch.
I unplugged and replugged TrackIR, tried different USB ports, to no avail. The camera is not being detected by the PC and the TrackIR software.
I also restarted my PC.
Is it dead or are there ways to troubleshoot it further?

usaf77

Re: Track IR 5 ?died? suddenly

Post by usaf77 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:33 pm

I also just had mine die and dont know what to do. I dont want to buy another one if its just going to die too. Can anyone help? Ive tried everything.

SpartusKil

Re: Track IR 5 ?died? suddenly

Post by SpartusKil » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:11 am

Same happened here, I just made a post saying:

"Hey guys, so my TrackIR 5 camera is overheating like crazy. It overheats so much that I believe the chip is shutting itself down. Every time i plug it in, Windows recognizes it and then 10-20 seconds later its shuts off. Even the TrackIR software detects it and then poof its gone. I touch the camera and it is insanely hot. I unplug it and then after a while, it cools off.

I decided to open the back and see what was going on and I realized that the second I plug it in, the chip overheats specifically on the top right side of it. It gets insanely hot within 2-5 seconds. What can I do to fix this? Can I fix anything at all? If not, what should my next steps be?

I've been using this for only about 5 months and it happened all of a sudden mid-game. Thanks guys!"