TrackIR5 Camera not turning on / recognized

Roebuck

TrackIR5 Camera not turning on / recognized

Post by Roebuck »

I have tried everything fellas, even a complete reinstall, and it will not be recognized. I've tried manually finding the USB drivers, I've tried messing with windows settings, I've tried a USB 2.0 slot, nothing works.
JottiGG

Re: TrackIR5 Camera not turning on / recognized

Post by JottiGG »

Same here
coldblake34

Post by coldblake34 »

Same. I've had my camera less than two weeks now. Was working fine until earlier today. Just turned off. Gets warm while plugged in but that's about it. No lights. Not detected by the pc not even as an "unkown" device.
Spyboy

Post by Spyboy »

I have this problem too. I just updated. I jhave deleted and reinstalled, no. Deleted and reinstalled to the 5,4.1 previous version, no joy.
The camera lights don't come on. I am at a loss, I have restarted software and PC so have now run out of ideas!
OrnaryOx

Post by OrnaryOx »

Well, this is not reassuring. I just received my TrackIR v5 yesterday. It worked well for the evening flight plan in DCS. I started my computer this morning and have spent the better part of the day trying to get the camera to be recognized. I am guessing it crashed cause it was plugged into a USB 3.0 port (which I did not learn was an issue till I started troubleshooting). It is now plugged into a USB 2.0 port but the camera is still not recognized.

I was hoping I would find suggestions from members of this forum about work arounds...I'm guessing that may not happen from the comments I have read. I already worked through the suggestions that NaturalPoint provided in their announcement of the USB 3.0 issue. I guess I will wait to hear back from them on my support ticket.

I hope there is a fix cause I found the tracking to be pretty much a game changer for playing these sim games...
mjustice

Post by mjustice »

Same here, software will not load and the camera light on the left will not come on. Reinstalled, updated, changed USB ports...... Nothing
mjustice

Post by mjustice »

Its not showing up under Naturalpoint in Devise Manager.
TrackIR5.jpg
TrackIR5.jpg (152.37 KiB) Viewed 5355 times
Dvlpt777

Post by Dvlpt777 »

My camera also died. A month old. Hardware failure. Checked on another system.

I have contacted support.

The ‘bodies’ are starting to pile up.
Almeidabilly

Post by Almeidabilly »

Hi guys, I managed to arrange it as follows.
1- Uninstalled from my computer, removed it completely.
2- Regedit of windows, search for Naturalpoint and TrackIR, I deleted what I could to delete.
3-I restarted the computer
4-Installed again (PS: same error)
5-I used a notebook, (another computer), and installed it without connecting the TrackIR, only after it was installed that I connected.
6-Copy the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint from another computer, in my case the notebook.
7-I pasted in the target computer in the same location, C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint
8-In the device manager, I updated it showing where the file was C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint
It worked.
Neil Abrew

Post by Neil Abrew »

Thanks for the detective work, Almeidabilly!

To all others with this problem of whom those fixes don't work for, please start a support ticket by emailing support@naturalpoint.com explaining your issue. We'll get to you a whole lot faster that way!
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR