Limiting FPS on TrackIR5

ALPHA-WHISKEY

Limiting FPS on TrackIR5

Post by ALPHA-WHISKEY »

Hello all
so I've just got myself TrackIR5 recently, I actually moved from using a handmade clip + PS3Eye camera so it's quite an improvement for me at the moment. but there's something that I'm not sure if it even qualifies as a problem for anybody else. I went through pretty much all the topics about jittering/stuttering but I couldn't find anyone who had the same problem. I actually use head tracking for creating fan movies of DCS World, things like this, for instance,
this : https://youtu.be/APoSrhZsVi8
so in order of making these possible, I need to have a super steady tracking. the problem I'm going through with TrackIR, I call super micro jitter. I went through topics of jittering topics and I realized what people call jittering is in no way comparable with what I call jitter. for example, I use Headtracking in iRacing too, and I don't feel a thing, it's simply because I'm not really doing camera works with my head and my head tracker. all I need is basic head movement while seeing a pretty big object, which let's say it can be the circuit or the car's cockpit. but when it comes to camera work for a fan movie every single move counts. it's pretty much like that no filmmaker shoots his whole film with the camera on hand because there are gonna be natural hand movements.

before TrackIR, I was pretty much able to reduce my natural head and neck movements to close to zero. but with trackIR5 I'm not. I went through all the parameters that would have possibly helped me. Speed, Smoothness, Precision Mode, Precision Value,Light Filter Threshold, Pans, Axises all of those. it had some real small improvements at some points, but tbh it was nothing compared to the steadiness I had with the PS3 Eye camera and Opentrack. I'm def sure that it has nothing to do with software. Trackir software is way more sophisticated and professional than Opentrack. but as I was some stuff I actually realized that I had a limit of 60FPS for my PS3 Eye camera on Opentrack ( tho I'm not sure if it was ever doing anything as I don't know at what FPS the camera itself was running ).

so basically I'm looking for the same option with TrackIR. I somehow think of it as the last way to try at this moment, nothing else comes to my mind.
cuz I'm having the same resolution I had with PS3 Eye on TrackIR, even my Axis entries are all the same, but as I said, it's still no way what I had with my Old PS3Eye Setup. Limiting the Game FPS is also not an option cuz i barely get to have more than 50fps which is all fine and even the best for my purpose
I will try and add some comparison footage very soon.