How do you configure TrackIR so that your monitor actually looks like a windshield?

drmalkovich

How do you configure TrackIR so that your monitor actually looks like a windshield?

Post by drmalkovich »

To avoid making confusing descriptions, there is a youtube video which perfectly illustrates what I'd like to do. Please watch the "Parallax" section of this video first (1:09) and the "TrackIR Classic" section second (0:36). https://youtu.be/GRZxSGxTQjc?t=69

I want to configure TrackIR so that the view through my monitor matches that of a window fixed to my vehicle. Turning my head should not change the camera angle very much, but translationally moving my head absolutely should change the camera angle. Like my X, Y, Z head position should change the camera's Yaw and Pitch. I want to create the illusion of looking through a window. Surely someone's already done this. Maybe there is a tool, or software profile, or github repo someone could point me to that would enable this?
Neil Abrew

Re: How do you configure TrackIR so that your monitor actually looks like a windshield?

Post by Neil Abrew »

Hey drmalkovich,

Great suggestion! We're not sure how to make that happen right now, but we are rooting for you to find the answer soon! Seems like a great feature request for the next version of TIR software, though :)
Neil Abrew
Brand Manger
OptiTrack | TrackIR