Track IR5 launch issues

Vutxzzn

Track IR5 launch issues

Post by Vutxzzn »

The TrackIR 5 I currently own was sent as a replacement to one that had an overheating issue.

It worked beautifully until I had an issue with my Alienware M17 laptop and preformed a factory reset.

The issue is that the device is not being read by my USB ports except for only a minute or two. Then it will spontaneously connect and disconnect every every few seconds, and then several times within the next several seconds, or will not be recognized at all. The Application will read the camera input each time it connects. The software, (5.4.2 version) will then either stop responding, or minimize itself to the tray.

I've taken multiple fix actions.
-All the BIOS and OS Updates have been checked, double checked, and installed.
-Driver paths have been established, and reestablished according to instructions made on this forum.
-USB busses have been denied permission to turn themselves off to save power via the device managers.
-Multiple different editions of the Natural Point software have been downloaded and tried, each being uninstalled according to the procedure described on these forums.
-Discover device produces an unworkable number of unknown devices, all of which are bluetooth.
-Yes I've tried restarting my computer (this was added for a bit of comic relief.)

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated. The product is key in enjoying

PC specifications are as follows:
Model: Alienware M17
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.21 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

OS specifications
Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
OS Build: 19043.1202

Track IR Information
Software Version 5.4.2
Camera Serial #440752